The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an international organization headquartered in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of India. The vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of the ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The ISA is looking for a dynamic individual who can lead its IT operations from the front and take the sole responsibility. One of the key objectives of the ISA is to provide an Information-exchange facility between its member countries and the responsibility of the ISA Secretariat is to facilitate this exchange. S/he is responsible for both internal (ERP system, data bases, operational office software and equipment) and external information technology capacity of the ISA. The IT Specialist will report to the Chief of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analysis of the existing information system
- Review the state of hardware, system, application and special software, for both IT and non-IT staff, the cost of functioning, the utilization of existing resources.
- Assess the quality, timeliness, adequacy of the quantity, and manner in which information is presented/available both internally and externally to stakeholders.
- Provide leadership for the continued implementation of the organization mandate.
2. Proposal of Technical solutions
- Based on the analysis of the current state of the equipment and equipment available at ISA, and taking the latest development of software and hardware tools and technology, propose a robust, fail-safe and future proof system.
- Develop a suite of Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for various activities undertaken by ISA, as mentioned below (this list is not exhaustive):
- Policy on Current and future domain Name server
- Creation and updating of Website
- Creation, updating and retrieving of information from Database on Cloud
- Conducting of Webinars
- Conducting of International Meets in physical as well as in virtual format.
- Availability of Info Media help desk for ISA member countries
- Information Bulletin Board
- Policy on generating, retaining and deleting email account.
- Procurement of hardware and software solutions.
3. Design/Maintenance of data bases
- Design/development of a comprehensive data base on all the major activities of ISA
- Design/development of a database driven website having all the state-of-the-art features
- Design/development of a repository of all multimedia files like video, PowerPoints, voice-based addresses for easy referencing.
4. Provision of technical support
- Creation of a Collaborative Computing Environment on Cloud
- Creation of a work-flow based file management system
- Design/development of a Dashboard on activity-wise, officer-wise, country-wise etc.
- Integration of partner organizations with the existing ERP system.
5. Knowledge Management
- Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge management and sharing, information provision.
- Organization of training for the ISA staff on IT issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices directly linked to IT management.
Any other duties assigned in area of work
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Leadership: Proven ability to lead teams of diverse staff; training and develop staff; successful counsel and conduct performance management; provide vision and direction to a team and lead the team to undertake innovative work.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in Computer Science, information technologies or relevant technical science, ability to operate and maintain network, computer, telecommunication, and other office equipment;
- Certificates from the reputed organizations will have an added advantage;
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 years of additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Excellent knowledge of computer hardware, LAN, WAN, VLAN networks and peripheral equipment;
- Professional knowledge of MS Windows Server OS, MS Windows 8-10, MS Office 2007-Office365,
- E-mail technology and protocols, professional knowledge of MS Active Directory;
- Professional knowledge of setup video-audio conferences
- More than 5 years of relevant experience and evaluating information systems.
- Relevant working experience in an international organization would be preferred.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e., French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at email@example.com.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment