Human Resources Analyst
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an international organization headquartered in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of India. The vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of the ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The Human Resources Analyst will report directly to the Chief of Operations, and will be responsible for supporting the Chief in handling all human resources management functions for the ISA, including with regard to HR policy, benefits and entitlements, recruitment, performance management and other human resources issues that may arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implementation of HR Regulations, Rules and procedures
- Full compliance of HR activities with ISA rules and regulations, policies, procedures, and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management.
- Provide appropriate oversight of HR data input into ERP system on HR payroll matters.
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals on the strategic approach to recruitment proper use of contractual modalities, forecast of the staffing needs, performance evaluation and staff career development management.
- Generate HR statistics for senior management, including gender, nationality, performance management compliance, recruitment planning.
2. Effective implementation of human resources benefits and staff entitlements:
- Review and process applications for benefits and entitlements of onboarding candidates and existing staff, including dependency benefits, travel entitlements, shipping entitlements, etc.
- Ensuring ERP entries are completed so that payroll results are accurate.
- Process offline applications for education grant and rental subsidies.
3. Effective implementation of recruitment and selection processes
- Drafting and coordinating the preparation of job descriptions and vacancy announcements.
- Posting of Vacancy announcements on the appropriate announcement tools/networks.
- Screening of candidates and coordinating their review with the appropriate selection officials.
- Organizing and participating in the interview panels as Ex-officio.
- Development and maintenance of rosters for generic posts.
4. Effective oversight of performance management and staff development systems
- Initiate each phase of the performance management cycle.
- Provide senior leadership with statistics on overall compliance with the system on a programme-by-programme basis.
- Provide advice to staff and supervisors on the appropriate use of the system and assist in those cases where disagreements arise.
5. Knowledge Management
- Work with supervisors to determine training and development needs of staff, and if possible, arrange for training programmes in those areas where multiple staff/supervisors require similar training/skills development.
- Participation in the organization and conduct of training for all staff and supervisors on various HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in HR.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent and\or higher) in human resources management, public administration, business administration, law, or related discipline required.
- A bachelors’ degree with two additional years of professional experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional work experience in human resources management in a multilateral and/or UN organization.
- Specific relevant experience leading international and local recruitment and benefits and entitlement processing highly desirable.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e., French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment