Administrative and Procurement Analyst
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an international organization headquartered in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of India. The vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of the ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The Administrative and Procurement Analyst directly reports to the Chief of Operations. The Administrative and Procurement Analyst will provide administrative services, procurement, contracting, protocol, travel, mail operations and asset management for the ISA and supports their operations globally.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Procurement Services
- Manage the procurement activities of ISA and provide first-line support, guidance, and training in the HQ with respect to ISA’s policies, rules and regulations relating to procurement and supply chain matters.
- Manage and monitor all procurement and supply chain related activities, including budgeting, for all materials, equipment, supplies and services required by ISA in a timely manner and ensuring high quality, and that all procedures and documentation are in order;
- Prepare regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing material as required.
- Monitor implementation of appropriate procurement processes, procedures and solutions, ensuring the establishment and application of solid internal control systems;
- Ensure timely submission of necessary asset and procurement reports and documentation within the HQ, both for management reports and any audit reports/findings.
- Analyse procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor's performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization's best interests.
- Ensure the availability of a pool of qualified suppliers, vendors and contractors to address the needs of ISA.
- Solicit bids, quotations, and tender documents; oversee bidding process and provide support for procurement transactions, analyse them for conformity of specified requirements, conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and/or contracts as appropriate.
- Negotiate with vendors when required to ensure all of ISA’s requirements are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Monitor the organization’s ongoing needs for routine/repetitive supplies and services and ensure that requisitions raised are done in sufficient time to permit a fair procurement process.
- Ensure that appropriate· funds are available for purchases being raised; work with the finance officer to ensure that funds are available and that payment methodologies requested by vendors can be finalized.
- Identify supply chain bottlenecks and recommend solutions
- Work with programme staff to develop appropriate requisitions to ensure programme supply and service requisitions fully meet their requirements.
- Provide procurement support to projects being conducted in ISA member countries, as and when required.
- Ensure that bidding processes are done fairly, transparently and in accordance with the procurement rules and regulations of ISA.
- Develop and implement Procurement and Supply initiatives as needed by the Organization.
- Process entry visas for newly arriving staff, consultants, and visitors to ISA. Prepare/arrange for appropriate forms/letters requesting entry visas from the appropriate ministries (Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India)
- Process and coordinate visa applications with the respective countries for staff members due to travel for work purposes.
- Submit and follow-up on tax reimbursements for the organization
- Facilitate vehicle registration process for international staff.
3. Building services
- Monitor office supplies, ensuring recording is completed and coordinated with procurement.
- Monitor building cleaning services
- Responsible for office furniture and equipment, including supervision of the yearly inventory exercise, coordinating repairs, and ordering new furniture/equipment when necessary.
- Oversee mobile phone, copier, courier contracts, etc.
- Oversee mail operations function, including receipt and distribution of incoming mail/packages to appropriate recipient; courier arrangements and maintenance of logs and bill reconciliation of courier services.
- Support oversight of building and staff security services.
4. Travel Operations
- Upon receipt of authorized travel documents, coordinate with ISA Travel agent for the issuance of tickets for all official travel of ISA staff, ensuring that the class of travel is in compliance with the ISA travel policy.
- Reconcile travel agent invoices on a recurring basis and submit to finance and/or approving official.
- Obtain quotes for proposed/approved travel for budgeting and planning purposes as required rations
Supervise junior staff of the Unit.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned, in area of work.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Leadership: Proven ability to lead teams of diverse staff; training and develop staff; successful counsel and conduct performance management; provide vision and direction to a team and lead the team to undertake innovative work.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree equivalent or higher) in business administration, management, logistics, procurement or related field.
- A first level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of relevant qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional work experience in managing diverse administrative, procurement, supply and logistics operations.
- Knowledge of procurement/supply in an international organization setting is desirable.
- Relevant experience with both supply and service contracts is required. Demonstrated experience in training and advising co-workers in raising requisitions and asset management desirable.
- Relevant experience working with regional/international institutions/private sectors/donors in the sector of renewable energy will be an advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have at least 2 years of relevant international experience.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e., French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment