Electronic Community Base Information System,(eCBIS) Technical Project Manager
Last Mile Health’s Liberia Digital Health Team supports the Ministry of Health to design and deploy digital health solutions for community health programs. The team is working with the government to digitize the Community Based Information System (CBIS). This position is designed to support the planning, government engagement/training, coordination, software development, and implementation of eCBIS. The goal of this position is to improve the quality of eCBIS and to ensure that the Ministry of Health can sustainably manage the initiative.
The eCBIS Technical Project Manager, Digital Health is a dynamic, self-motivated, and technically savvy staff member that provides senior project management expertise and judgment on the development of Digital Health software solutions. He/she will run the project on a day-to-day basis, and is responsible for smooth coordination of activities across LMH teams (MERL, Programs, NCHS), implementing partners (UNICEF and Plan International), and Units of the Liberian MoH (CHSD, HMER, ICT, NPHIL). They will also support the Software Development Manager and an external set of Ona engineers to understand technical issues and user feedback.
What You'll Do
- Work with LMH, Ona, and MoH to scope eCBIS development and execute necessary contracts. Manage eCBIS project management hub, coordinate eCBIS activity check-ins, and ensure smooth cross-departmental coordination. Work between stakeholders to scope the overall design and M&E framework of eCBIS.
The position will be the lead eCBIS contact person for the MoH. He/she will represent LMH at CBIS working groups, where they will engage government and implementing partners to set technical requirements and acceptance criteria for eCBIS. They will provide continuous technical assistance to the government and ensure they are informed of trade-offs and provide authorization over major eCBIS decisions.
Work with HST’s Software Development Manager and Liberia Digital Health Team to conduct interviews and focus groups with CBIS end users. During development, conduct unites testing new versions of applications and coordinate testing with users and stakeholders.
Conduct training with government partners to increase their ability to develop, modify, and deploy eCBIS. Develop training materials and user manuals that are to be used by different CBIS end users.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as computer science or relevant work experience
5 years of work experience in Technical Project Management.
You'll Impress Us If
- If you can demonstrate experience in public health/designing and deploying public health information systems.
- If you have the ability to identify the "critical path" in large-scale projects and anticipate and plan for successful completion.
- Ability to manage a considerable volume of detail and of accurately summarizing project status to executives and stakeholders.
- Experience in improving project management tools and techniques to contribute to the management and optimization of multiple project teams.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and presentation), and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing and tracking project budgets, forecasts, and schedules to achieve target scope, schedule, and cost.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please Note: The deadline for application is June 14, 2021, at 5:00 PM.
For more information about Last Mile Health, visit our website, and our careers page to know more about working at Last Mile Health. Last Mile Health is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.