Quality Assurance Team Leader – IM
Quality Assurance Team Leader – IM
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
Overall purpose of the role:
this managerial position is under the overall guidance of the Quality Assurance Manager. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of DRC Yemen Quality Assurance framework, with particular focus on the establishment of information management system and develop forms, online tools and databases for capturing, evaluating and improving project implementation. S/he will develop and maintain a monthly cumulative database as well as provide summary analysis and compile the findings into a well written and structured report. S/he will support in the rollout of the information management system to ensure an accurate data is sent to the data focal point and document the lessons learnt captured from the IM system. S/he will lead the recruitment process of IM staff and casual labors (casual) as well as build their capacity building.
• Coordinate IM activities in consultation with QA Manager and Area Manager.
• Establish information management system and develop forms, online tools and databases for capturing, evaluating and improving project implementation in consultation with MEAL team.
• Develop and maintain a monthly cumulative database for tracking beneficiaries reached under the different interventions and maintain up to date status of information at the country level.
• Manage data for regular monitoring and reporting activities and provide summary analysis and compile the findings into a well written and structured report.
• Mapping sector program activities using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or any other web based system that reflects area and type of organization interventions.
• Document lessons learnt captured from the IM system and share with the QA Manager and Area Manager.
• In coordination with QA Team Leader – MEAL, support in the rollout of the information management system to ensure an accurate data is sent to the data focal point.
• In consultation of QA Manager, lead the recruitment process of IM staff and casual labors (casual) as well as build their capacity building.
• Perform other duties as assigned by QA Manager.
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in information management, database design or database administration, and/or information management with development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN.
• Ability to work in structured manner and independently with limited oversight.
• Ability to remotely manage individuals.
• Excellent data analysis and report-writing skills.
• Experience providing training and support to project staff.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including a supportive working style
• Solid knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is preferred
• Understanding of various donor requirements such UN, EC, ECHO, DFID, OFDA etc.
• Adheres to the DRC’s values and ethical standards;
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the DRC Yemen Program;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Willingness to travel very frequently to field sites and percent of the time.
• Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
• Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral): sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
• Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Bachelor’s degree in social science, IT, computer science, statistics, economics, M&E science or related field.
• English language (Fluent)
• Arabic language (Fluent)
Contract duration for one year, with possible extension based on fund and performance.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our link below.
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: June 15th, 2021.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo