Supply Chain Coordinator (Ethiopian Migration Programme) – Re-advertise
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (20% travels)
Employment Category: G1
Reporting To: Support Services Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Start of Contract & Duration: 8 Months
Posting date: June 1, 2021
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is leading an international consortium to deliver a £21 million programme to protect would-be migrants and refugees from unsafe irregular migration through and from Ethiopia. The 4-year programme, funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO, UK), will address the barriers to reducing unsafe irregular migration from Ethiopia and ultimately reducing unsafe regular migration through and from Ethiopia, taking into consideration attention to the most vulnerable group -- women, girls and unaccompanied irregular migrants -- and coordination with key stakeholders. The programme is anticipated to be innovative, cross-sectoral and solutions-oriented with strong emphasis on research, learning and adaptive management.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the Supply Chain Coordinator position is to play a key role in handling operational tasks to ensure that the programme staff in the field, and head office, as well as programme partners’ staff, receive adequate logistics and procurement support and technical assistance to enhance programme implementation.
The Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for managing the overall implementation of logistics, procurement, transport, fleet and warehouse management for the programme in line with the DRC operational procedures and donor policies.
Procurement and Logistics
- Ensure the overall procurement and logistics functions for the programme is providing the desired response on time.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensure all procurement processes comply with DRC’s and individual donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure accountability to donors and beneficiaries through implementation of regular reporting and systematic filing of procurement documents.
- Organise and lead tender processes, assemble the procurement committee meetings as required, draft contracts and ensures all documents are made available to management review and decision.
- Facilitate customs clearance of duty- free import of project assets and processing of permits.
- Support on donor and government requirements for asset disposal and project close out with relevant ministry offices.
- Ensure that programmes have submitted monthly procurement plans and coordinate procurement with the concerned programme managers to ensure the right quality/specification and timely delivery of goods.
- Contribute to the timely report of Annual Performance Indicators.
- Ensure compliance with DRC policies, procedures, and directives and conformity to donor regulations in all areas of supply chain activities.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance, office equipment and generators.
- Undertake swift check on fixed asset control, trace movement of items and ensure all fixed asset are recorded and reported to donor on quarterly and annual basis as needed.
- Ensure all stocks/supplies is properly recorded, packed, stored and shipped with the most cost-effective and secure manager.
- Ensuring that all items issued from the store, purchased or received for onward transportation are appropriately documented and accompanied by the required waybills;
- Provide weekly or monthly supply chain internal reports as required
- Provide professional and technical advice to Programme Managers, partners and all stakeholders for current and potential programme needs.
- Guarantee professional and mutual relationship with suppliers and have good vendor management skill to obtain the most value against the expenditure to ensure value for money.
- Initiate key performance improvements and introduce best practices to add value for the effective and efficient operational achievements.
- Manage fleet of vehicles and drivers, including:
- Ensures that all programme or rental vehicles and drivers have the necessary tools, documentation and licenses at all times.
- Follows up and verify recorded logbook for all journey undertaken, daily checks, fuel consumed, fuel receipts, e-card usage and repair costs.
- Serves as a bridge between programme team and rented vehicle service providers on vehicle performance feedbacks and replacement requests.
- Collects rental vehicle requests and communicates the rental agency for timely delivery of the services.
- Conduct physical inspection of rental vehicles prior to deployment.
- Ensure that all communications and safety equipment are in good working conditions in all sites at all times.
- Ensuring strong coordination with key function units and work closely with team members to enhance activities done on timely manner.
- Provide support and work closely with the budget holders in developing procurement plans and advising on logistical needs for new and existing projects.
- Assist all Programme Managers in planning of procurement and ensure that all required documents are forwarded by the budget holders including clear specifications, project, budget lines and appropriate authorization.
- Undertake supervisory, monitoring and support visits to all field offices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Technical Competencies: (include years of experience)
- 3 years proven and relevant work experience in programmes in an INGO, preferably a mid-level position
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others.
- Integrated knowledge and understanding of practices, systems, procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
Education (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in supplies chain management or other related logistics fields
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Amharic - fluent
- English – fluent
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC's vision and values
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than June 14, 2021. But review of applicants’ CVs will be done on rolling basis, which means as soon as we find qualified applicants, we will proceed to the next assessments of written exam and interview accordingly.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.