The International Rescue Committee began relief operations in Greece in July 2015 to respond to a massive influx of refugees and migrants. Today, the IRC’s programming in Greece is focused on three key areas of programming: information, protection, and safe transportation; water, sanitation, and hygiene; and shelter.
The HR Assistant will assist IRC Hellas with its efforts in the European refugee response in Greece. The individual will participate in several administrative topics of the full employee cycle. Along with the supervisors the HR Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of efficient and effective administrative support to the department. Additionally, according to the department needs she/he will participate in the recruitment process to ensure timely and quality national recruitment for the IRC Projects.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled accurately and visibly) and sequential filing system.
- Archiving HR documents as instructed by the HR Officers.
- Scanning all files separately and keep track of the requested documentation upon reports requests.
- Crafting relative online category files in a shared folder and placing all scans with a designated file name relative to each category.
- Assist in the administrative tasks of the HR department by gathering annual leaves, schedules, Timesheet tracking, etc.
- Assist with keeping updated the HR Master file in cooperation with HR Officers, in order to facilitate HR processes management and accuracy of the data.
- Assist in resolving administrative and employment matters related to Human Resources, by collecting information, preparing notes to the file, and getting approvals.
- Assist in recruiting efforts for a variety of positions including posting vacancies, screening CVs, contacting candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, checking references, background checks.
- Support the onboarding of new IRC employees.