Emergency Rapid Response Manager
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The Emergency Rapid Response Manager (ERRM) will be engaged in WASH emergency assessment, emergency response planning including project design and report writing and emergency response set up, monitoring and post intervention assessment, facilitating trainings and coordination and representation to WASH cluster. The Emergency Response Manager will collaborate closely with Senior EH/WASH Manager and field Coordinator and other members of IRC program teams and ensure an integration with other sector “CWI, nutrition and health” under the program. She/he is also expected to assist in Beneficiary Feedback mechanism initiatives and is expected to spend over 50% in the field. She/he is also supervising a water truck office and EH/WASH officers. The ERRM reports to Senior EH/WASH Manager but work closely with other Emergency response team and EH team.
- Supervise the implementation of Shire ERR WASH project to ensure the program is implemented according to well- plan schedule annual, quarterly, month work plan and budgets-spending plan, and that program objectives are well-met.
- Assist in Emergency WASH team in assessment, response planning, in implementation and monitoring of emergency WASH responses includes water trucking and water schemes infrastructures.
- Lead WASH emergency response team and design the WASH facility for emergency, BoQ and specification preparation and water trucking activities.
- Work closely with the Nutrition, Health & Protection managers to ensure the project response is an integrated response interventions.
- With guidance from Emergency Response Senior EH/WAH manager and Addis EH/WASH Technical lead deliver quality result for clients and partners.
- Assist IRC Shire MEAL team in set up, implementation and monitoring of beneficiary feedback mechanism.
- Write the Technical reports of the WASH services facility design and assessments and share to the supervisor.
- Make sure all the procurement are as per the assessments, required specification and in line project proposal, inspect WASH materials during procurement and report to the concerned body on time.
- Regularly plan and prioritized activities to meet deadline, share update to Senior EH/WAH manager
- With guidance from Emergency Response Senior EH/WAH manager , represent IRC Shire at Emergency response coordination platforms such as WASH cluster andEmergency coordination meetings
- Work closely with IRC Addis and Shire Health, EH, protection, Program and other units for increased integration and team work;
The ERRM shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by his/her supervisor, Senior EH/WASH Manager