Business/Systems Analyst P2
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Statistics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s), plus specialised qualifications and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
The position is located in the Financial Systems and Process Support Branch (FINS) of the Corporate Finance Division in WFP Headquarters in Rome, Italy and reports to the Business/System Analyst P3 who leads the reporting team.
To provide technical and cross-functional support in the development and maintenance of corporate financial reporting tools, give Helpdesk support and guidance on existing reporting functionalities to finance users worldwide and coordinate technical activities related to WFP's open data publications to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI)
1.Contribute towards corporate finance and resource management reporting strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives using finance and resource management reporting expertise.
2.Provide coordination for the technical design, development and implementation of system tools (e.g. Business Intelligence, HANA, Business Objects and Tableau) to enhance and facilitate the publishing of WFP corporate and external reporting, including external portals, corporate dashboards and submission of data to external parties.
3.Document and support the creation of business requirements, including Key Figures and Dimensions, for corporate financial databases (GM/FM/PS/FI) in different tools (Business Intelligence, HANA and Tableau) and connect with the Information Technology (TEC) division for the development of solutions that resolve existing issues and make enhancements.
4.Contribute to the maintenance and enhancements of corporate ﬁnancial reports, donor reports and related systems.
5.Perform data quality check and testing of reporting platforms, ensuring data integrity in reports.
6.Support integration of diﬀerent reporting platforms and data points.
7.Support the WINGS Helpdesk related to reporting issues
a.Provide technical and process guidance to Corporate Finance (FIN) and Corporate Planning and Performance (CPP) divisions in daily activities related to available corporate reports in Business Objects and Tableau (e.g. Financial SPRs and ACRs, Trust Fund and JPO reports) and in WFP Information Network and Global Systems (WINGS) (e.g. Funds Consumption report).
b.Provide business and technical support to users in other divisions and to finance users worldwide on budget and expenditure processes for managing speciﬁc scenarios (e.g. Expenditure Certiﬁcation amount, Advance Funding, EDMF) for reporting purposes.
8.Collaborate with Corporate Finance (FIN) and other divisions, including Corporate Planning and Performance (CPP) and Partnerships to analyse and translate corporate and cross-functional reporting business needs into business requirements.
9.Assist in the design and implementation of corporate KPI’s and accountability tools.
10.Advise and make recommendations on diﬀerent options to accommodate business requirements on financial reporting.
11.Coordinate technical activities related to WFP's open data publications to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI)
a.Support the monthly publication to the IATI registry, including data extraction, preparation and data validation.
b.Identify and develop technical options to automate data extraction (Business Objects /Tableau) and publication on the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) platform.
c.Support the design and development of the interface to facilitate automatic upload in XML on the IATI platform.
d.Liaise with Information Technologies (TEC) and Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Division (CAM) divisions to ensure cross-functional cooperation on the publication to the IATI platform.
12.Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reports relating to finance, accounting, and budget to enable informed decision-making of management.
13.Guide more junior staff and external consultants to ensure that operations and project objectives are achieved.
14.Participate in the daily activities, analysing requirements and providing advice on less complex issues, applying rules and regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations.
15.Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
IN-DEPTH TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Excellent knowledge of SAP Business Intelligence Platforms (Business Warehouse/HANA) and reporting tools, such as Business Objects (BO) and Tableau
In-depth knowledge of SAP Expenditure Certification Function and its use for donor reporting features
In-depth knowledge of SAP Public Sector Financial modules (including Grant Management and Fund Management)
Experience with project implementation methodologies, standards, tools and techniques (e.g. ASAP, Agile testing Human centred design)
Ability to define business requirements including functional and technical specifications.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Excellent analytical skills, critical reasoning and strong, creative and persistent problem-solving attitude
Good writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely
Ability to quickly conduct in-depth analysis on highly complex issues and draw solid conclusions considering multiple factors and their interactions
Ability to work independently, as part of a team and in coordination with others
Positive interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with staff at different levels
Ability to maintain a steady focus on objectives, establish priorities, plan and organise activities autonomously
Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and handle a large volume of work
Ability to work under extreme pressure with tight deadlines
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience with data publications according to the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) open-data standard
Good understanding of WFPs financial, budgeting, resource management business processes and relevant policies
Understanding of accounting financial procedures and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
Understanding of UN system policies, rules regulations and procedures
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday, 18th June 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.