Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
The Administrative Associate under the direct supervision of the Operations Analyst, General Operations is responsible for review and analysis of agreements submitted by Country Offices and consulting offices internally before providing feedback. Maintains on a daily basis records entered into the UNDP Premises SharePoint and acts as the focal point for the database website. The incumbent will also be required to provide guidelines to end-users who use the system and trouble shoot problems associated with the website. In maintaining a log of all lands and premises occupied and owned by UNDP, the incumbent will also contribute to accounting for the Organizational commitments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the integrity of information entered in the SharePoint database by liaising with Country Office Premises Focal Points and Operations Managers to ensure information from leases, sub-leases, MoAs, MoUs is accurately reflected in the database.
- Regular Monitoring of the expired premises agreements to ensure they are updated by CO on a timely basis and respective extensions are properly uploaded to SharePoint.
- Compare draft leases, sub-leases, MoUs, MoAs against templates to identify changes.
- Provide suggestion to further enhance database configuration and regularly update GO’s Premises, Facilities and Assets SharePoint user guide
- Manage the administration of the SharePoint website and manage access to the system.
- Basic SharePoint troubleshooting.
- Regularly monitor and review website material and information for quality control.
- Maintain Reserve for Field Accommodation (RFA) database which are buildings owned and managed by UNDP.
- Prepare rent reports and records of UNDP’s yearly financial commitment for rental of country offices. Those records are used to forecast budget allocations and for inclusion in the yearly corporate financial statements.
- Oversight over the timeliness and accuracy of the rent collection from UNDP RFA properties.
- Prepare reports on country office, common premises and services issues for various purposes.
- Draft routine correspondence on country office and common premises issues.
- Perform other necessary duties as requested by the supervisor
- Manage policy content on SharePoint portal by reviewing substantive aspects of prescriptive content and regularly updating information related to Leases, Sub-leases, MOUs, MoAs, best practices etc, ensuring that they are continuously identified, documented and made available.
- Provide support to country office staff who request advice or help with SharePoint.
- Arrange Webinars and trainings to support COs in the area of Premises Management
- Draft guidance and Standard Operating Procedures to assist CO with application of POPP and other operational aspects of the premises management.
- Research background materials, organize briefing materials and prepare reports on country office, common premises, Task Team on Common Premises (TTCP) and RFA as requested by supervisor and CO.
- Perform other functions as may be required.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and database
Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Maintains effective client relationships
Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary education. Certification in website administration/management desirable. University Degree desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant experience in reviewing contracts (preferably leases)and database management.
- Expertise in SharePoint is desirable.
- Experience of working with ERP systems (preferably Atlas)
Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language such as French and/or Spanish desirable.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Important applicant information
Internal mobility at GSSU is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to reassign the newly appointed staff members with similar skillset and educational qualifications for similar functions and job categories at the same level in GSSU. The internal lateral movements will be determined based on the needs of the organization while allowing the newly recruits to broaden their skills, build networks and gain fresh experience and to better align their profiles with the jobs.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.