Case Management Officer - Akkar
Kobayat / Akkar
The International Rescue Committee is an international organization specializing in Emergency and humanitarian programming existing since 1933 and working in more than 40 countries. In response to the influx of refugees in Lebanon, the IRC started a Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) program and a Livelihood program in 2012 with program strategies implemented in various locations. To complement these ongoing programs in 2013 started child protection programming throughout the country. The CP program is supporting the vulnerable children at risk or may exposed to risk of abuse neglect exploitation and abuse to restore safety and wellbeing.
The CP case management officer will be leading a team of case workers in two areas of intervention, supporting case workers to provide individual case management support for children at harm or at risk of being harmed. This includes street connected and working children, children exposed to physical and emotional violence within or from outside home, children with disabilities being exposed to violence, neglect or abuse, children in contact or in conflict with the law, and children in need for judicial protection.
The CM officer will ensure that the CM interventions provided by the case workers are in line with key child protection principles. Also the CM officer will ensure the quality CM services provided to the beneficiaries.
- Liaise and support the case workers to identify cases Identify and register cases of children at harm or at risk of being harmed, through different outreach gateways (field visits, referrals from partners and NGOs, CM hotline, referrals from different IRC teams, referrals from community and volunteers networks, and referrals from UN agencies).
- Review the vulnerabilities and risk assessments done by the case workers for the newly identified cases to ensure the accurate identification of risk level and vulnerabilities.
- Ensure that the individual case management provided by the cases workers for the children in the areas of intervention is in line with the guidelines of national case management SOP and case management practical guidance.
- Provide technical support and on Job coaching for each caseworker during the different steps of the case management (identification and registration, comprehensive assessment, case plan development, implementation of the case plan, follow up and review, and case closure).
- Support the case workers in Mapping the available services in areas of intervention (Health, Education, livelihoods, etc.….), and update unified service mapping periodically.
- Set the CM hotline rotational schedule for all the caseworkers regularly.
- Monitor and ensure that caseworkers are Documenting and filing all the cases in a comprehensive manner, ensuring that each case has its own file including all the forms and information of the case management process.
- Monitor and ensure that all the soft and hard files related to the cases are stored and protected by the case workers in accordance to IRC’s data protection protocol.
- Review and expurgate the reports drafted by caseworkers juvenile judge reports, resettlement referrals, BIA and BIDs reports, case conferences, and case management emergency cash requests, prior to submission of these reports to the relevant parties.
- Review emergency case management cash (ECMC) requests submitted by the caseworkers ensuring that these requests are in line with IRC CP guidelines for ECMC.
- Raise reviewed ECMC requests to the CP manager for his/her approval.
- Ensure that all high-risk cases are immediately reported to the CP manager and dealt with appropriately.
- Maintain regular communication with internal and external referral agencies for service provision to ensure swift and effective referral pathways from and to the CP team.
- Monitor the quality of CM services provided by the CM team through conducting on regular basis (case file audits, case review meetings, home and center visits to the cases, and case closure interviews).
- Set capacity building plans for the CM team based on the needs identified, and plan staff care activities to support the staff wellbeing.
- Ensure that caseworkers are keeping on professional boundaries and distancing when dealing with the cases.
- Conduct weekly case management team meetings with the CM team.
- Conduct case review meetings with the caseworkers on weekly or bi weekly basis.
- Ensure monitoring & evaluation formsand weekly & monthly reports are completed and submitted to CP Manager within the deadlines.
- Raise any challenges or concerns to the CP manager.
- Submit narrative reports to the CP manager on the progress achieved to date.
- Any other CP activity as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in case conferences, BID meetings, organized to support complex cases.
- Flexible to work after working hours or during weekends when needed to support urgent cases in need for imminent support.