Snr Finance Assc
Interested internal candidates should apply through MSRP - Self-Service - Recruiting Activities - Careers (please search by JO number or by Location). Please update your personal profiles with all required information in order to be able to apply. Please consult the attached documents for further guidance on how to update the personal profile.
Interested external applicants are also invited to apply online and complete the mandatory motivation letter. External vacancies are posted on the external UNHCR website and applicants who do not have internal status must apply through the external UNHCR website. https://www.unhcr.org/careers.html - Careers - Career opportunities - Other Opportunities - Vacancies and search by Job Opening number 27298 Senior Finance Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Finance Associate is normally supervised by the (Senior) Finance Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor.
The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent normally supervises some support staff.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Oversees the processing of financial transactions and reconciliations in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide financial reports as per financial guidelines and when required.
- Maintain ledgers and accounting records for classification and recording of financial transactions and for the reconciliation of accounts and preparation of recurring or special reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate calculation and payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to staff members, experts and consultants, vendors and other claimants.
- Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
- Prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
- Ensure reconciliation of cash books with bank statements.
- Maintain liaison with officials of local banks and financial institutions to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Assist colleagues in all aspects of accounts maintenance and budget control by providing reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures and potential funding problems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G7 - 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Finance; Business Administration; Accounting;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications. Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
UN-UN/UNHCR Financial Rules and Regulations and Procedures
*IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
English is the working language at UNHCR Qatar and fluency in English and Arabic is essential.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates. Competencies as defined in Job Profile English is the working language at UNHCR Qatar and fluency in English and Arabic is essential Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
See below for this postion's Operational Context
If the Operation Context is available for this job vacancy it can be found by either:
a) Selecting the "Operational Context" hyperlink present at the top of the Job Description.
b) Cutting and pasting the URL shown below into a new web page.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment Closing date is 15 June 2021