Human Resources Officer - Al Hol Camp
Human Resource Management
- Participate in the periodic review of the HR policies and procedures recommending changes to the Country Sr.HR Manager
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC Iraq HR Handbook, support employee interpretation and ensure compliance.
- Responsible for overall Field HR record management that include maintaining a copy of each staff file in a complete, secure, and confidential manner, updating Box folders.
- Responsible for management of all Field HRIS that includes employee directory.
- Coordinate and ensure compliance to the performance management system including tracking and timely completion of annual goal setting and year end check-in processes.
- Attend to staff issues in regards to benefits, grievances, disputes and disciplinary cases in conformity with HR policies.
- Ensure every staff has and have signed a job description detailing their duties.
- Responsible for recruitment of grade 9 and below roles and actively collaborate with Derek in the recruitment processes for all Field position.
- Maintain a tracking system of the specific field vacancies and the recruitment process and continuously support the Recruiter to follow up with relevant hiring Managers for accountability and timeliness.
- Post adverts, and where requested, support shortlisting, participate in interviews and coordinate production of interview outcome reports.
- Responsible for orientation and on boarding of all new staff at the Field Office
- Network locally to market IRC brand in support of talent attraction efforts.
- Ensure continuous communication of the process, cycle, tools, and policies.
- Support Supervisors to understand and utilize the system in support of staff development and performance.
- Conduct quality control of the process and outcome i.e. ensuring SMART objectives and ensure periodic supervisor-staff meetings take place.
- With support from the Sr.HR Manager, support Supervisors to manage challenging performance management situations e.g. staff on PIP, non-performance and/or exits due to poor performance.
- Support in the annual analysis and communication for merit increments
Employee Engagement, Relations and Capacity Building
- As an IRC Way Ambassador, role model expected professional behavior at work.
- Support supervisors to develop people management skills through advice and feedback.
- Develop innovative activities that can strengthen the working relationship/team building
- Ensure monthly staff meetings take place and report any key issues to the Sr. HR Manager and the Field Coordinator.
- Ensure all staff have IRC Staff ID cards within their first week of joining.
- Draft contracts for new hires, communicate with Derek for signatures and continuously ensure all staff have valid and signed employment contracts.
- Create email accounts for all new staff and ensure any changes are done on time including deactivation upon the staff contract’s termination.
- Monitor and ensure end of probation evaluations take place and relevant forms completed.
- Coordinate the staff exit process and ensure finalization of all procedures within one month.
Staff Learning and Development:
- Coordinate development of the annual Learning and Development plan
- Facilitate all requests for staff training as approved in the Annual L&D Plan
- Work with the Learning and Development Senior officer to support periodic staff capacity building initiatives.
Pay and Benefits
- Support monthly payroll processing through compiling and communication of necessary changes to the Compensation and Benefits officer at Derek.
- Monitor employee attendance and review overtime requests before submission to Payroll Officer at Erbil.
- Manage the field staffs’ annual leave benefit ensuring planned utilization and send monthly utilization reports to the Sr. HR Manager.