Capacity Building Officer - North
Kobayat / Akkar
The Capacity Building officer is responsible for working in partnership with the IRC CP partners. S/he will be responsible for designing, planning, and leading capacity building activities for the partners and community stakeholders in the areas of interventions’/he will ensure that all CP Partner staff are implementing activities according to IRC PSS curriculums and standards.
- Work closely with the CP partners implementing the PSS activities for children and caregivers in the areas of interventions.
- Develop training for the CP Partners staff on implementing PSS activities for children and caregivers in the areas of the interventions.
- Design trainings package for community stake holders from different backgrounds (non CP aid workers, community volunteers and networks, municipal police, camp representatives, etc.…) on different CP topics (child safeguarding, safe identification and referrals, communication with the children, etc.….).
- Set timely training plans based on identified needs for the partners and community stakeholders in the areas of the intervention.
- Raise all the training materials and plans to the CP manager for his/her review and approval prior putting them into action.
- Deliver trainings to the CP partners and community stakeholders in the areas of the intervention.
- Conduct weekly monitoring visits to the partners activities sites and share documented feedback on the visits with the partners.
- Provide technical support and on Job coaching to CP local partners implementing PSS activities for children and caregivers in the areas of intervention.
- Ensure that partners are implementing PSS activities with children and caregivers in accordance to IRC-CPs curriculums and standards.
- Support partners to set detailed implementation plans for PSS activities in the areas of intervention to Ensure that the partner targets are met by the end of the project period.
- Liaise closely with the CP manager and senior Monitoring and Evaluation officer to develop M & E tools needed for trainings and other capacity building activities, (trainings pre/posttests, observation tools, database, training evaluation forms etc.…).
- Work closely with the Senior M&E officer to support the CP partner’s capacity on M&E.
- Liaise with the CP admin officer to ensure that all logistical requirements for the trainings are finalized.
- Build strong relationships with local partners, through maintaining mutual respect and vision.
- Participate in development of lessons learned and best practices.
- Assume full responsibility for tracking individual participants in training databases, and ensure data entered is accurate and up to date.
- Assume full responsibility for all relevant monitoring and evaluation activities (capacity building reports, training evaluation reports, Pre – Posttest Analysis reports, etc...)
- Document all trainings, workshops and field visits using the appropriate tools
- Report data and draft narrative reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in team meeting and partner meetings with the CP manager.
Other CP activities as requested by the supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: CP Manager
Position directly supervises: None Indirect Reporting: CP Senior Manager Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: other members of the CP team and other IRC programs on the field
External: local partner