The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an international organization headquartered in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of India. The vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of the ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The Programme Associate will report to Assistant Director General and will deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the implementation and management of the Programme
- Provide dedicated programme, research, and administrative support to programme teams; prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc.;
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Generate reports and statistical tables to the programme teams as required.
- Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
2. Provide technical assistance to programme partners
- Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
- Provide a full range of complex business and programme support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
3. Support monitoring and reporting of the Programme
- Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
- Monitor programme audit recommendations and ensure follow-up actions are taken
4. Knowledge building
- Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, to support their learning in providing business support.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
Perform other tasks as assigned, in area of work.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Management, Business Administration, or related field is desirable.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in assistance in administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Relevant experience working with administrative software applications (such as Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Power Point) is desirable.
- Experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (such as SAP) for administrative related tasks, specifically in travel arrangement, protocol and procurement matters is desirable.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e., French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at email@example.com.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment