The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an international organization headquartered in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of India. The vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of the ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The Programme Associate will report to Chief of Programme and Project Implementation and will deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for preparation of the Business plan, effective application of results-based management (RBM) tools and establishment of management targets
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions.
- Implementation of the partnerships’ agreements and preparation of related reports.
2. Provides effective support to Programme and projects formulation and implementation:
- Support preparation of background information for programme/project formulation, support project documentation preparation, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements in line with the ISA guidelines.
- Assistance in preparation/reviews of project-related documents and quarterly/annual project reviews and ongoing monitoring, drafts standard correspondence and presentations on the projects/programme.
- Maintain structured electronic filing systems to ensure accessibility of (original) donor and partner-related documentation of the project (e.g., correspondence, donor reports).
- Assist in coordination of project activities with the team.
- Drafts terms of reference for proposed consultancies or other procured services.
- Support the work of project appraisal when the reviews of the projects is required
- Provide both internal and external clients with timely and adequate support/ information on programme and project activities.
- Monitors project delivery and provides monthly ERP project progress reports to relevant project authorities.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Cluster:
- Organization of trainings for the staff and project personnel on various thematic areas
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Conduct research and contribute to building up database of organization’s working in renewable or solar energy.
Perform any other related duties in area of work, as assigned.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Management, Business Administration or related field is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible relevant experience in assistance in administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience working with administrative software applications (such as Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Power Point) is desirable.
- Experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (such as SAP) for administrative related tasks, specifically in travel arrangement, protocol and procurement matters is desirable.
Language and IT skills:
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e.. French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
- Satisfactory skills in Outlook, MS Office products, and various ERP systems is highly desirable.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at email@example.com.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment