Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA). The project “UTF/SAU/051/SAU Strengthening MoEWA’s Capacity to Implement the Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme” is the first project that has been approved within the framework of FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025). The project will provide technical and advisory assistance to the MoEWA in implementing its flagship sustainable rural agricultural development programme that has recently been approved within the context of the National Transformation Programme of the Saudi Vision 2030. The project expected results will be achieved through implementation of nine project components: 1) Development of coffee Arabica production, processing and marketing; 2) Development of beekeeping and honey production; 3) Development of rose production and trade; 4) Development of sub-tropical fruits production, processing and marketing; 5) Strengthening capacity of small-scale fishermen and fish farmers; 6) Strengthening capacity of small-scale livestock herders; 7) Development of rain-fed cereals production; 8) Enhancing value addition from smallholdings and rural activities; and 9) Strengthening MoEWA’s capacity in sustainable management of rangelands, forests and natural resources to support rural livelihoods.
An overall plan and budget is developed and approved, including activities and outputs that are expected to be accomplished under each component. Requirements for international technical expertise of each component have been identified. In order to ensure a coordinated, smooth, timely and successful implementation of the project, long-term competent international technical advisors will be appointed as Component Managers to each of the nine components. Each Component Technical Advisor will be supported by a team of international consultants and experts who are technical specialists in the subject matters of the various outputs and activities.
FAO Saudi Arabia is seeking for consultant with relevant expertise in Partnership development, implementation, monitoring and management.
The Partnership Specialist is to report to the Programme Director in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia under the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative, RNE.
Capacity development and knowledge management on partnerships development, implementation, monitoring and management.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Partnership Specialist in coordination with the respective Component Technical Adviser and National Project Officer will:
- Assess current situation of partnerships within Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA) and in FAO in the domains of sustainable rural agricultural development including current partnership policies, strategies, procedures and institutional framework as well as signed partnerships, their modalities and arrangements for partnership progress monitoring and impact assessment.
- Assess and specify needs and key thematic areas for partnership and collaboration for strengthening sustainable rural agricultural development interventions in Saudi Arabia based on the SRAD project components and target commodities.
- Identify and select potential national, regional and international partners based on their comparative advantage and capacity to deliver the tasks required.
- Benchmark best practices for partnerships management for sustainable rural agriculture development and elicit lessons to be learnt.
- Explore and propose partnership agreements through matchmaking and negotiations between FAO-KSA programme and potential countries, institutions, agencies, centers of excellence, parties in compliance with FAO rules and regulations.
- Identify and select the appropriate tools and modalities for each potential partnership including partnership sustainability measures.
- Develop a risk assessment process and a monitoring and evaluation mechanism to measure the progress and outcome and impact of partnerships.
- Formulate partnership strategy and action plan involving all parties.
- Develop and implement a suitable training module to strengthen capacities of the MoEWA staff on partnership management.
- Develop a communication plan to disseminate lessons learnt and knowledge products for partnership management.
- Performs other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in economics, agricultural economics, agricultural sciences international relations, business administration or any related field.
- At least Five years of relevant work experience in partnership building, development partnership, partnership strategies design, establishing and monitoring partnership agreements and related issues.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for PSA.SBS.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location and particularly in field positions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in respective subject domains.
- Familiarity with project management skills including familiarity with results frameworks, project work planning and budgeting;
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to convey and present sensitive issues/positions.
- Analytical skills and ability to write clear and concise reports is considered a strong asset.
- Proficiency in English is essential and familiarity with Arabic language is desirable.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency