Human Resources Associate
New Delhi (India)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Department of Administration and Finance is responsible for providing efficient and effective support service to all programmes and activities of the organisation in the South-East Asia Region in respect of human resources management, administration, budget and finance, procurement, conference, IT services, staff security and staff medical services.
The objective of the Human Resources Management (HRM) unit in SEARO is to recruit the best qualified personnel in a timely manner; deliver effective and efficient HR services to clients in the Regional Office and country offices; promote a culture of staff well-being and development; and guide staff, including new and reassigned staff members, as well as managers through the provision of expert advice on all human resource related matters.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall supervision of the Regional HR Manager (RPO)/Human Resources Officer (HRO) and the day-to-day coordination with the Executive Associate-Human Resources (EA), the incumbent may be required to perform the following duties (duties are not all inclusive):
- Provide administrative support in various HR services such as:
- Processing selections against temporary and fixed-term Professional and NPO positions in the Region including review of staffing, vacancy announcements, initial screening of candidates in consultation with EA, conduct of panel meetings, selection tests and interviews and preparation of documents/folders for panel meetings, related correspondence;
- Monitoring the selection process at all stages and maintain appropriate records and follow up in consultation with supervisor(s) on actual/anticipated issues;
- Reviewing selection proposals for fixed-term NPO selections received from country offices and re-employment of retired staff in the Region (under staff/non-staff contractual mechanisms);
- Processing/tracking HR actions in the Global Management System (GSM) for recruitment, contract extensions, granting of continuing appointments, separations etc., ensuring availability of funding, completion of necessary administrative formalities and coordinating with hiring units and Global Service Center (GSC) as required;
- Processing GSM requests and provide guidance to staff on Staff Rules and HR policies on matters such as leave, education grant, rental advance/subsidies, safe driving bonus, statutory travel, dependency, voluntary group life insurance and accident and illness insurance, pension matters, extra pay, and other benefits and entitlements;
- Supporting guidance and compliance-monitoring of policies and tools on Performance Management and Managing Underperformance;
- Processing separation actions for staff leaving the Organization and ensuring completion of necessary administrative formalities;
- Maintaining rosters of senior administrative support staff for short-term assignments in country offices;
- Processing lists of office working schedules and lists of holidays for country offices;
- Maintaining updated and relevant statistics and contribute to preparation of briefs/reports on HR matters;
- Providing administrative support in conduct of International Civil Service Commission (ICSC) and other HR related surveys;
- Providing administrative support in Regional and Global Rewards and Recognition Programmes;
- Undertake the duties of Executive Associates and other team members in the sub unit as and when required;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by RPO/HRO and EA.
Essential: Completion of secondary school education.
Desirable: University degree is an asset. Training in the field of human resources is an advantage.
Essential: At least eight years of work experience in clerical/administrative positions.
Desirable: Experience in human resources management is an asset.
Good knowledge of the organizational structure and functions of the support programme and technical units, including knowledge of administrative and personnel procedures and ability to understand/interpret correctly Staff Rules and Regulations, Manual provisions, etc.
Other skills (eg. IT): Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Setting an example
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Expert knowledge of Local language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 1,035,979 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.