Senior Content Development Officer - Beirut
Reporting to the Senior Technical Quality Manager, The ECD Senior Content Development Officer is responsible for supporting the planning, design, development, pilot, and roll-out of the highest quality content that aligns with the IRC ‘s standards. The position is responsible for the support in the development of content and training materials. The position plays a key role in ensuring harmonization of best practices across different programmatic components.
The Early Childhood Development Senior Content Development Officer is responsible for the following key objectives:
1. Development and Adaptation of technical materials: Support the technical team in the design, pilot, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based early childhood education approaches, materials, and interventions, including using monitoring and evaluation results to inform program design and implementation.
2. Quality of program implementation: Support the technical team in the development of related curriculum/ content assessment and monitoring tools, to monitor and enhance overall program quality and implementation.
3. Training and capacity building: Support the technical team in the development of building content, and in conducting training.
Development and adaptation of technical materials
- Provide technical assistance in the development of an evidence-based national early childhood education (ECE) curriculum targeted for nurseries in Lebanon including instructional guides for teachers, activities and assessment for students;
- Design early childhood nutrition awareness sessions targeted towards caregivers and educators based on existing content;
- Support in the development of the training materials on inclusion;
- Provide technical support in the revision of the community-based early childhood education curriculum;
- Keep abreast of new developments of technical design, strategies and best practices in the ECD field;
Quality of program implementation
- Assess, evaluate, and report on how effectively the curriculum meets children’s needs in coordination with the Senior Technical Quality Manager;
- Coordinate with the Senior Technical Quality Manager to continuously evaluate existing curricula and assess the quality of instruction;
- Review the remote ECE available content to enhance the quality of implementation;
- Support the Senior Technical Quality manager in analyzing technical gaps and program impact at the community level for quality and content-related activities/services;
- Share recommendations to improve the quality of content and program implementation;
- Conduct a range of quality assurance tasks for scaling activities.
Training and capacity building
- Support in the development of capacity building content and conduct training activities in coordination with line manager;
- Support in identifying capacity building needs with scaling partners;
- Upon need, support ECD Senior Quality Officers in the mentoring of teachers and volunteers’ and monthly meetings;
- Report progress on a weekly basis to the Line Manager, highlighting immediately any difficulty or delay faced;
- Identify and document programmatic lessons learnt and participate in knowledge management activities;
- Support the production of case studies, and success stories related to scaling activities;
- Actively participate in coordination meetings, planning and reporting processes;
Human Resources Management
- Take responsibility for discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives as a part of the annual Performance Review and Planning Process;
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit, oversight and advise;
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures;
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ECD Senior Technical Quality Manager
Position directly supervises: None.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Integrated Early Childhood Coordinator, Senior RMEAL Manager, Scaling and Learning Manager, Senior Quality Officers, IRC Operations and Support Departments, ECD Technical Units (HQ/Region), and Ahlan Simsim Regional Team.
External: Scaling partners including focal points from the Center for Educational Research and Development, Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Education and Higher Education, and Ministry of Social Affairs.