Individual Contractor (11.5 months, full-time, remote): Digital Analytics for East Asia and Pacific (EAP) Region, Individual Giving Team, Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP)
Geneva (United States of America)
UNICEF is looking for an individual contractor to support UNICEF’s progression on their digital transformation journey, increasing revenues and make a positive impact on children’s lives around the world. The individual contractor will support the Individual Giving team, Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), based in Geneva: a highly committed and performance-driven team responsible for overseeing a fundraising program that delivers over one billion dollars of income every year. UNICEF is one of the most admired organizations globally, impacting the lives of children in almost every country of the world. Your work with UNICEF will enable this life-saving and critical work in the most direct way: by raising money to help the most difficult to reach. UNICEF is at an exciting time as it expands its digital capabilities. We need great professionals to sup-port this challenge. This role is an opportunity to take UNICEF’s fundraising to the next level. Come and help save and nurture children’s lives.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
UNICEF is looking for an individual contractor to support UNICEF’s progression on their digital transformation journey, increasing revenues and make a positive impact on children’s lives around the world. The individual contractor will support the Individual Giving team, Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), based in Geneva: a highly committed and performance-driven team responsible for overseeing a fundraising program that delivers over one billion dollars of income every year.
UNICEF is one of the most admired organizations globally, impacting the lives of children in almost every country of the world. Your work with UNICEF will enable this life-saving and critical work in the most direct way: by raising money to help the most difficult to reach.
UNICEF is at an exciting time as it expands its digital capabilities. We need great professionals to support this challenge. This role is an opportunity to take UNICEF’s fundraising to the next level. Come and help save and nurture children’s lives.
How can you make a difference?
Recently UNICEF ran a discovery process to define a new Digital Revenue Strategy to accelerate the growth of our digital fundraising. Our vision: becoming the largest and most successful non-profit digital fundraising program in the world.
Many markets in the East Asia and Pacific (EAP) region are at an exciting tipping point in digital fundraising. This is largely due to a combination of increasing internal capacity and many markets tackling some key digital challenges (Data and Analytics, infrastructure, payment systems, Paid Social campaigns, etc.). Markets have differing levels of knowledge and success, but most have doubled digital results over the previous 12 months.
The main purpose of the job is to build the foundational understanding and capabilities in EAP markets that will grow the donor acquisition, conversion and retention through the digital channels, and support the goal of increasing UNICEF fundraising revenue in EAP region. To achieve these results, the individual contractor will work closely with the EAP Digital Fundraising Strategist and the local market digital teams creating additional digital capacity and capability.
- Enable the Fundraising Digital Revenue Strategy by implementing foundational digital capabilities of data and analytics expertise in markets, providing technical expertise and implementation support.
- Set up the foundational data, attribution, analytics, tracking and understanding of digital journeys in markets. Implement digital technology solutions in support of strategic goals with key aim to drive incremental revenue.
- Promote the importance of digital media and user analytics, providing support on building media tracking, customer touchpoint analysis, website and app behavior, user journey tracking across marketing mix (Paid Media, Direct, Organic, Referral, and Earned), media attribution, A/B testing solutions and working with regional and local agencies where appropriate.
- Enhance CRM Integration with Paid-media channels, exploring new performance-marketing channels (Search, Social, Programmatic, DV360, Affiliate, Native), A/B testing, content creation, user experience, conversion rate optimization and marketing automation.
- Enable regional teams to be better prepared for cookie-less digital world by suggesting latest media and marketing technologies such as Google Measurement Protocol (GMP), FB Server to Server (S2S) Integration, Ads Data Hub, MOCHA, Customer Data Platform (CDP), and others.
- Provide campaign optimisation expertise through analysis of data and insights.
- Promote digital ad-tracking capabilities within markets, enabling them to grow on analytics and tagging.
- Be the focal point for technical implementation of key initiatives according to identified project priorities.
- Support the onboarding and follow up of regional and local providers, agencies and vendors in support of strategic projects and initiatives.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of digital skills for key foundational digital capabilties in markets.
- Create and share Case studies based on market implementations of best practices between markets and with global teams.
- Provide other required support on implementation requests and needs, as defined by the Digital Fundraising Strategist for the region.
- The foundational pillars of the Digital Revenue Strategy are implemented, and knowledge and skills transferred to markets to enable the increase of digital fundraising in the region.
- Technical support for implementation of foundational data and analytics capabilities is offered to digital teams in markets.
- Transfer of knowledge and capabilities on analytics, tracking, paid media, A/B testing, automation, user experience, and attribution is provided to markets.
- Support is provided in the implementation and optimization of digital campaigns and activities in markets.
- Case studies and best practice learnings are shared both at a regional and at a global level.
- Other support on implementation of digital fundraising is provided, as requested by the Digital Fundraising Strategist or Digital Fundraising Manager.
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL
11.5 months, full-time, tentatively starting in July 2021.
Global Digital Fundraising Manager, Individual Giving Team, PFP.
Remote, with at least 50% of the schedule following East Asia and Pacific time-zone.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first level university Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital Fundraising, or other relevant fields is highly desirable. Any other additional training in a related field is an asset.
- Eight years of progressively responsible work experience in digital marketing or digital fundraising areas, with specific focus on areas of Data Integrations, Analytics, Data Analysis, media planning, digital journeys, campaign optimization and marketing automation, is required.
- Previous working experience in East Asia and Pacific markets will be an asset, especially Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and India.
- Experience in both agency and charity environments is considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN official language an asset.
- The following knowledge will be an asset: A/B testing, SEO, content management systems, search engine marketing (SEM), social paid media, web and donation forms development, UX, CRM, CRO, e-mail and marketing automation tools.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
Remarks: Please indicate your ability, availability, and gross daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered. Also, please mention the earliest date you can start.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein. Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.