National Project Coordinator
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO implements the project “Sustainable Production and Utilization of Agro-natural Resources (SPUAR) Initiative in Ma`an Govern”, funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. FAO Jordan is looking for a National Project Coordinator to support the implementation of project activities in Jordan.
The Project Coordinator position is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Jordan, in close collaboration with the FAO Jordan Programme Officer and the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer from the FAO Regional Office for the Near East and North Africa (RNE). She/he will work in close collaboration with other international and national consultants, and in cooperation with national counterparts.
The role of the Project Coordinator is to ensure effective implementation of the project, using effectively the resources and inputs of the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare a detailed work plan and inception report for the project together with the project management unit, the national consultants;
- Organise the project inception workshop and consolidate the inception report;
- With support of FAO Jordan, initiate procurement of planned inputs for implementation of activities;
- Ensure, and coordinate, day-to-day management of the project activities, and facilitate interactions between the different outputs of the project;
- Coordinate the different consultancies, training packages, and specific FAO technical support needed for the different outputs;
- Develop, with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E), a strong M&E framework, including Gantt chart, against logical framework’s indicators and ensure development of data collection tools;
- Monitor progress and alert the Budget Holder and the project task force on potential problems that could result in delays in implementation;
- Review, with the Communications Officer, the visibility and communications plan of the project, together with the different partners, and implement communications activities in line with the donor communications guidelines;
- Draft Quarterly Information Notes, narrative progress reports and final report of the project, or as per requests from the donor, to be cleared by FAO before submission;
- Participate in relevant meetings with other partners, Gov, stakeholders, etc
- Coordinate the project implementation and liaise with relevant technical units at FAO
- Lead and manage, in close collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, the setup, organisation and reporting of the Project Steering Committee meetings, in collaboration with the different partners
- Ensure preparation of high quality narrative and budget reports for submission to Donor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture, International development, Economics, projects management or related fields
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in implementing projects in agriculture and/or rural development, including a minimum of 3 years as project manager;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian).
- National of Jordan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience at mid- or senior-level in project management including preparation of multi-annual work plans, budgets, progress monitoring and evaluation;
- Extent and relevance of experience in establishing and maintaining partnerships with government institutions, UN agencies, NGOs and donors.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.