National Youth Strategy Analyst
The purpose of the assignment is to conduct an analysis on the effects of the 2015-2025 National Youth Strategy and support the Ministry of Youth and Sports to prepare for a comprehensive review of the Strategy.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity and sexual orientation, as well as persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF’s office is accessible to a certain extent, and employees are entitled to reasonable accommodations that are needed for ensuring equitable working conditions.
The purpose of the assignment is to conduct an analysis on the effects of the 2015-2025 National Youth Strategy and support the Ministry of Youth and Sports to prepare for a comprehensive review of the Strategy. The assignment is to be done in accordance with the Law on the Planning System, the Government’s Rules on the Procedure, and the Regulations on Public Policy Management Methodology.
The assignment includes the following tasks:
- Prepare an analysis in the form of a report the results of which can be incorporated into the revised National Youth Strategy;
- Develop an Action Plan on the Strategy revision which may be used by the Working Group;
- Make reasonable proposals for the revised Strategy mentioned above in accordance with the conducted research and following the rules of the profession and a possible assessment of the future applications of reasonable proposals and solutions;
- Undertake a desk review considering the data from the report on the National Youth Strategy implementation monitoring, research on the position and needs of young people in Serbia, reports conducted by other youth policy entities and international partners they cooperated with to implement the National Youth Strategy and the Action Plan over the period of 2015-2020;
- Present the Ex-Post and Ex-Ante Analysis to the Working Group for the revision of the National Youth Strategy.
The assignment is expected to be undertaken with the direct cooperation between the consultant and the Youth Sector of the Ministry of Youth and Sports. All consultations must be undertaken with participants from different social groups including vulnerable and marginalized groups to ensure the equal opportunity approach.
Work Assignment Overview:
Duration of the assignment: July – August 2021 (up to 30 workdays)
Detailed task description:
- Create an activity plan for conducting the Ex-Post and Ex-Ante Analysis and the Action Plan of the National Youth Strategy and consultation methodology, incl. adolescents and young people.
- Undertake a desk review considering the data from the report on the National Youth Strategy implementation monitoring, research on the position and needs of young people in Serbia, reports conducted by other youth policy entities and international partners they cooperated with to implement the National Youth Strategy and the Action Plan over the period of 2015-2020.
- Implement consultative processes with all identified actors including the Ministry of Youth and Sports and UNICEF, and the Working Group on the analysis of the National Youth Strategy, as well as with young people and children under 18 years. The consultation process includes identifying, collecting, and addressing all opinions and comments received in close cooperation with the Ministry of Youth and Sports, UNICEF and the Working Group.
- Create a draft version of the report of the conducted Ex-Post and Ex-Ante Analysis of the National Youth Strategy
- Make reasonable proposals for the Strategy in accordance with the consultative process outcomes and determine the type of regulations that need to be drafted or amended; analyze the effect of these proposals in these regulations.
- Develop an Action Plan that will be followed by the Working Group in the process of the Strategy revision with clear targets, measurable indicators, and evidence-based monitoring framework.
- Finalize a Report on the conducted Ex-Post and Ex-Ante Analysis of the National Youth Strategy which would include all the findings for the tasks listed above, and present the main findings of the Ex-Post and Ex-Ante Analysis of the National Youth Strategy.
- University degree in the scientific or professional field within the educational-scientific field of social sciences and humanities in the amount of at least 240 ECTS points or equivalent.
- At least seven years of experience in the field of youth policy, analysis of strategic documents, regulations, and normative procedure.
- Excellent understanding of youth policy, institutional and legal context of youth in the Republic of Serbia.
- Excellent understanding of youth policy trends in Serbia and the international community.
- Excellent knowledge of the Law on the Planning System of the Republic of Serbia and accompanying bylaws.
- Excellent knowledge of Serbian and English.
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as writing and reporting.
- Previous experience and cooperation with relevant youth policy actors will be considered an advantage.
How to apply:
The application must include a financial proposal in RSD as a separate document, providing the following information:
- Daily rate (all costs included, e.g. usage of mobile phone),
- Daily travel allowance for an overnight stay in Serbia (including accommodation),
- Transportation costs per km (for travel within Serbia).
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
For every child, you must demonstrate UNICEF's core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.