Project Associate for ASSIST
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently provides full range of project management and implementation assistance at all phases of the project cycle for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the project initiatives, seeking guidance only in exceptional circumstances.
- Coordination of administrative aspect of project planning and preparation work for, typically, a large and highly complex component of the project initiatives; monitors status of project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Provide high quality analysis and draft presentation of information/data on specific project and related topics; highlight noteworthy issues/trends for consideration by appropriate parties.
- Provide effective supervisory and advisory role in development and implementation of project standard operating procedures, effective monitoring of project performance and timely production of results oriented draft progress reports in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations.
- Provision of guidance to implementing partner and serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organisational units to initiate requests, prepare standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions and resolve issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, security compliance, etc.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of implementation activities and participates in project evaluation; monitor implementation at all stages to ensure work is proceeding according to established plans, including analysing implementation difficulties and initiating remedial action; liaises with diverse organizational units to initiate requests; prepares standard terms of reference against project objectives, obtains necessary clearances, processes and follows-up on administrative actions and resolves issues related to project implementation, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, organization of and participation in training, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, security, etc.
- Provision of secretariat services to working groups, ad hoc tasks forces, etc.; drafts and circulates agenda notes to members/participants; compiles background documentation; drafts minutes of the meeting; monitors follow-up actions, etc.
- Effective collaboration with project manager on various planning instruments such as the medium-term plan and internal work plans; provides assistance on reporting requirements, guidelines, rules and procedures and ensures completeness and accuracy of data submitted.
- Lead project team in preparation of formal closures of projects, final budget revision, transfer of equipment, clearance, publication and distribution of final report.
- Supervision of office support staff, including distribution and review of work assignments, training, and inputs to performance evaluation.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project management support function
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Effective contribution to learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Academic Education
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
Minimum years of relevant Work experience
Minimum 4 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development
- Solid experience in leading the team supporting complex project administration will be highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience in project management support are essential as well as ability to draft correspondence on budget-related issues, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets, etc.
- Good inter-personal and team-building skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be highly desirable
- Up-to-date computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems would be preferable
Knowledge of and experience in supporting administration of projects in the area of sustainable development, development finance, innovative finance, public policy, environment, policy analysis, public financial management will be highly desirable.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia in both writing and speaking.
- Personal CV or P11 with three referees;
- Completed cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the work;
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) forany other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Please note that the person selected for this position will be offered a contract with UNDP under its National Personnel Services Agreement (N-PSA) modality; the UNDP Service Contract modality is phasing out over the coming year.