NDMV AmeriCorps Workforce Training Associate
Atlanta (United States of America)
SCOPE OF REFUGEE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT WORK: This position is located within the Economic Empowerment Department, whose purpose is to assist job seekers with job readiness and employment placement and develop mutually beneficial relationships between employers and immigrant job seekers. The AmeriCorps Workforce Training Associate is a one-year position primarily focused on employment-related education and coaching, and is responsible for managing the provision of vocational English instruction, job readiness orientations, vocational training services, and employment placement services to improve client capacity to obtain and retain employment. This position will report to the Career Development Coordinator.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is a Notre Dame Mission Volunteer (NDMV) AmeriCorps position. AmeriCorps oversight will be conducted through NDMV of Atlanta, and the IRC will serve as a site placement. For more information about NDMV, please visit www.ndmva.org. The candidate will need to complete the AmeriCorps application process through the NDMV site liaison in addition to the IRC’s interview and selection process.
- Deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate instruction through workforce development workshops and other group trainings focused on work readiness and employability skills
- Develop new and existing curriculum for workforce development workshops and other group trainings
- Provide individually tailored workforce instruction and coaching to clients in one-on-one settings, including assisting clients directly in conducting intakes and assessments, developing employment plans, teaching interview skills, resume skills, and key concepts surrounding household budgeting and self-sufficiency
- Conduct pre and post assessments with regular students
- Assist with logistics planning for all group career coaching sessions, including scheduling, transportation, space, childcare, and interpretation issues as they arise
- Assist employment staff in outreach and recruiting efforts for eligible refugee clients
- Provide administrative support to the employment staff including data entry, file maintenance, and updating internal reports
- Collaborate with the IRC Economic Empowerment team and other IRC staff as needed to ensure that clients are receiving the comprehensive services they need to achieve their goals, and ensure that funder-mandated and agency goals are met
- Respond to inquiries, phone calls and e-mails in a timely and professional manner
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs
- Other duties as assigned