Program Coordinator, Afghanistan
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Lead, the Program Coordinator supports implementation of programs. The Program Coordinator is responsible for overall program cycle support including, formulation, implementation, financial and quality compliance. The Program Coordinator interacts with internal as well as external functions.
Summary of Functions:
- Support day to day program implementation and ensure project consistency with project design and delivery and with IDLO processes and procedures;
- Monitor Program activities to ensure compliance with contracts and procedures and that program cycle quality controls are in place.
- Contribute to Program Development
Key results expected
1.Support day-to-day program implementation, including work planning, budget management, monitoring, and reporting, and ensure that all project phases are consistent with the project design and delivery schedule and in accordance with IDLO processes and procedures.
- Manage the coordination of work and information between IDLO Offices.
- Support development of implementation plans by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, and others;
- In coordination with the Country Office, monitor daily program implementation issues, including revisions to project design and work plans; make recommendations for timely and optimal course corrections;
- Draft, collate and provide input for the finalization of internal and external reports, in collaboration with the field office; coordinate the approval and submission program reports; ensuring these highlight the value and impact the program/activity brings;
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with the Finance Unit to build accurate financial forecasts, including reviewing financial reports and identifying in advance areas of over-or under-spending, and flagging any urgent budgetary issues to the supervisor/budget holder;
- In conjunction with HR, support in the timely identification and screening of program consultants/contractors and processing of contracts.
2. Monitor Program activities to ensure compliance with contracts and procedures and that program cycle quality controls are in place.
- Ensure internal procedures and guidelines are observed, recommending corrective action and consulting to the appropriate department any potential compliance issues. Monitor compliance with program contracts and subcontracts;
- Under the leadership of the Evaluation Unit, support the evaluation of programs;
- Ensure program deliverables meet quality standards and proactively seek input from relevant substantive internal experts;
- Conduct research on legal, political, social, and economic events, trends, and/or developments relating to the program; respond to internal and external requests for such research.
3. Contribute to Program Development
Generate ideas and develop concept notes/proposals for projects and program activities that are aligned to Regional/Country program priorities;
In coordination with the Program Development Unit and the supervisor, periodically develop proposals or concept notes, aimed at innovatively expanding IDLO’s program portfolio;
Collaborate with country program staff and local partners ensuring that perspectives and expectations are shared in the design of the project and to gather support in its implementation;
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
- Advanced university degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy, or other relevant social sciences.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience ideally within an international organization.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Persian or Pashto would be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally professional recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an international Affiliate Contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 36,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, and leave entitlements in accordance with the IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Deadline: 30 June 2021