Communication for Development (C4D) Officer, NOA, Temporary Appointment (364 days), open for nationals of North Macedonia only
UNICEF Skopje is seeking for Communication for Development Officer Officer, NOA, Temporary appointment, open for the nationals of North Macedonia. The duration of the contract is for 364 days.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child
How can you make a difference?
- Collect, draft and/or organize materials and related documentations for C4D strategies and plans (as a component of the CO and/or UNSDCF Programmes) to ensure optimum impact, scale and sustainability of achievements/results.
- Assess and/or recommend appropriate information and materials for C4D initiatives verifying accuracy and quality for dissemination.
- Assess the impact of C4D activities on the CO and UNICEF goals to achieve measureable behavioral and social change resulting in the improvement of children’s rights and wellbeing. Submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to the design of C4D strategies, and research, develop, test, produce and use quality C4D materials and/or organize events and activities to ensure maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change of target audience.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support and background materials to carry out C4D activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods and procedures.
- Assess and recommend potential contacts, networks, resources and tools to support the maximum impact and outreach of C4D initiatives.
- Follow up on the production of C4D materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audience (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media etc).
- Collect, assess and organize information for budget planning and management of programme funds and prepare documentations and related materials for financial plan for C4D initiatives. Monitor/track the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines, rules and regulations and standards of ethics and transparency.
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organizations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF’s mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
- Institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge learned/products with global/local partners and stakeholders to build capacity of practitioners/users, and disseminate lessons learned to key audiences including donors and partners.
- Support the organization, administration and implementation of capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/partners across programme sectors in C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects. Develop training materials for training activities, and revise them periodically for improvements and updates.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
A university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology,psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
A minimum of one year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social developmentprogramme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Macedonian language is required. Knowledge of other local languages is considered as an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.