Supply Chain Management Associate
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it. A flexible structure and global reach means, that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
In May 2015, the DFS Supply Chain Management (SCM) Vision and Strategy was formally approved by the USG DFS. In January of 2019, post management reform, the newly formed Department of Operational Support (DOS) established the Office of Supply Chain Management (OSCM) with a vision to provide efficient, agile, responsive, and accountable end to end uniformed capabilities and supply chain solutions to its global clients and partners.
The Office of Supply Chain Management covers a wide scope of services including supply chain planning and performance management, logistical support, procurement, vendor management and supplier diversity, aviation safety, and uniformed capabilities support. OSCM’s mission is to support its clients and partners globally to fulfill their mandates by providing the goods and services they need, when they need them, where they need them and at the best prices. OSCM is committed to enable successful implementation of mandates given to all Secretariat entities by anticipating customer demand, providing strategic services, and organizing for goods and services to be delivered in a timely manner.
The Supply Chain Management Associate carries out his/her tasks within the DOS/OSCM Master Data Management (MDM) team. The MDM team provides master data management and project data services in support of the United Nations ERP, Umoja. The incumbent reports to the MDM team lead.
1. Master data management, data analysis and quality assurance
High-quality master data serving the complete end-to-end supply chain process and adhering to all relevant policies
Timely completion of MDM requests
Well-functioning and better-informed network of master data users
2. Project Management SupportFulfill data tasks as assigned for Umoja Extension 2 (UE2) projects, including but not limited to:
Effective and timely implementation of high quality data component of UE2 projects
3. General Tasks
On time quality delivery of tasks
Managed risks and issues
Strategic support to management
Informed and productive team
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Business administration or Engineering is an advantage and may substitute for some of the required years of experience
- A minimum of six years of experience in material and service master data management and/or procurement and contract management and/or property management in a complex environment is required
- Work experience in a an International organization and/or UN Agencies is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work in an integrated, interdisciplinary manner across different business area with experience of systems thinking is highly desirable
- Experience in SAP is an asset
- Fluency in English is required
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Staff Contract Contract level: GS-6
Contract duration: One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx