Human Resources Associate (Multiple positions)
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive HR strategy including benefits and allowances management;
- Consistent approach in compliance with applicable policies;
- Client and partner confidence in GSSU RSC HR as a credible HR service administrator;
- HR policies and guidelines relating to benefits and allowances are reviewed and revised as necessary.
- Equity and transparency in the application of policies;
- Client understanding and confidence in GSSU HR as a credible HR service administrator;
- A high quality, timely and accurate service is provided to clients and partners;
- Accurate employee database for personnel and talent management.
- Accurate determination of financial allowances of personnel transactions;
- Timely processing and approving financial payments to support personnel policies;
- Increased efficiency as a result of reduction in recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments;
- Accurate processing of financial allowances to correct UNDP and third-party funds.
- HR knowledge management system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of benefits and allowances matters;
- Personnel are enabled and empowered through access to GSSU HR knowledge base;
- Full transparency of the administration of benefits and allowances;
- Continous learning and development for HR workforce by keeping abreast with HR best practices;
- Conduct training courses on benefits and allowances.
- Recommendations for improved and new HR policies and guidelines;
- Streamling payment and entitlement procedures to deliver optimal client service;
- Enhance work efficiency through constant evaluation and analysis of HR processes;
- Reduce costs of GSSU HR operations and related costs to clients and partners;
- Reduce unnecessary paperwork and administrative processes.
- Provide input and support to further development of and implementation of eServices.
- Innovation – Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
- Leadership – Ability to persuade others to follow;
- People Management – Ability to improve performance and satisfaction;
- Communication – Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
- Delivery – Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Supports transparency and equity in transactions and service delivery.
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. BA/BSc degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences, and any other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement;
- HR Certification from a reputable institution is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum six (6) years (with Secondary education), or, minimum three (3) years (with Bachelor Degree) of relevant experience in human resources management services;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Familiarity with UNDP operating and reporting systems, including experience in the use of an ERP system (i.e. Oracel Cloud, SAP or PeopleSoft) is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s) would be an advantage.
Important applicant information:
“From the 15th June, the contract modality will be converted to National Personnel Services Agreement (NPSA).”
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.