Logistics Coordinator (100% permanent position)
The Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross) is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in over 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. In Norway, the Red Cross has over 44 000 volunteers in 380 localities across the country. Read more: www.redcross.no
The Norwegian Red Cross is now hiring a Logistics Coordinator in a 100% permanent position.
The purpose of this position is to ensure preparedness for deployments, administration of NorCross medical, non-medical, and medical-technical equipment stocks and timely transport, replenishment and resupply of material and equipment used in international emergency operations. Further, this position is to constantly develop and optimize the set-up of medical, non-medical and medical-technical equipment based on experiences, lessons learned and best practice within the humanitarian sector. This optimization is to take into account the rapid development and innovation in the medical/medical-technical sector, digitalization and other relevant developments, how these can be made relevant and applied within NorCross health in emergencies support.
The application deadline is 25 June 2021. The start date will be 12 July 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is a full-time contract.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Project coordinator with counterparts in ICRC and IFRC on hospital and clinic deployments, including the harmonization project. This includes liaising with NorCross quality assurance/technical coordinators to ensure NorCross hospital/clinic deployments are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring at all times preparedness for timely and efficient deployment of medicines, medical consumables, medical equipment, non-medical equipment, and replenish stocks and supply field operations.
- Contribute to product development within NorCross and in collaboration with suppliers based on lessons learned from own and RCRC movement partner experience as well as humanitarian sector best practice
- Actively following innovation, research and development opportunities in the field to explore possibilities for making them relevant and applicable within NorCross health in emergencies incl. active outreach to other relevant actors
- Responsibility to ensure transparent documentation and overview of state of preparedness, ongoing procurement and support to operations and programmes. He/she manages contracts with suppliers, and service providers.
- Responsibility to ensure necessary reporting according to internal & external requirements, laws and customs rules, and follow procurement guidelines and deployment manuals.
- He/she should be available to deploy for short term missions at short notice upon request up to 25% of the time.
- Contribute to trainings and delegate briefings.
- The position reports to the EMT Team Leader within the Disaster Management Unit of the International Department.
- Logistics degree (relevant experience can compensate).
- Pharmaceutical degree or equivalent
- Supply chain management degree (relevant experience can compensate)
- MedLog degree (relevant experience can compensate)
- Relevant humanitarian or equivalent experience, preferably with operational logistics experience in the humanitarian field, is a strong advantage.
We are searching for a person with the following qualities:
- Very good ability to cooperate and share competency
- Very good ability to communicate effectively
- Very good ability to identify solutions.
- Very good ability to see details and identify deviations.
- Good ability to build networks and relations
- Good ability to work towards achieving objectives and results
- Good ability to approach analytically
- Good ability to innovate
- Good ability to think holistic.
Skills and knowledge:
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks, internally and externally (incl. relevant Norwegian and international law)
- Experience and ability to work under stress
- Understanding of information technology and how to make use of it for emergencies
- Fluency in English
- Desired: working proficiency in other languages other than English
We can offer:
- Meaningful and exciting work tasks in Norway's largest voluntary humanitarian organization
- Committed colleagues and a wide network of contacts in a diverse organization
- Very good pension and insurance schemes
- The employment relationship is regulated by the current collective agreement (s) in the company, currently: The salaried employee agreement between NHO and YS / Negotia
Please note that to be eligible to apply, candidates must have, and be able to prove, current and valid permission to live and work in Norway; Norwegian Red Cross is unable to provide relocation support.
The Red Cross takes diversity seriously. We encourage everyone who is qualified to apply, regardless of age, gender, disability, outlook on life or ethnic background. We want to create an accessible and pleasant workplace
For further information regarding the position, please contact EMT Team Leader Nicole Fassina email@example.com
Application deadline: 25 June 2021
Start-up: 12 July 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.