WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Finance Assistant is focal person in sub-area office for Financial tasks; He/She works under direct supervision of support services team leader, with technical support from Finance officer in Kandahar on technical aspects.
The finance assistant will also support the Team Leader and Zabul focal point in dealing with office administration responsibilities
The position holder will make daily payments through cash, cheques & wire transfer to vendors and beneficiaries.
- Check each document for assuring all paper works are in place. Make cash payments for small amounts;
- Report daily cash counts to the area manager or admin/finance officer;
- Preparation of cheques and wire transfers for bank payments;
- Dealing with the bank on issues related to financ;
- Any senior manager is allowed with the authorization of the AM, HoFA or the CD to perform cash count;
- Ensure the use of accurate exchange rates of currencies;
- Withdraw cash from the bank when needed with the support of the AFO;
- Ensure that security is up to standard for any cash movements (as per procedure);
- Payment: make payments for all items and services which have been properly approved;
- Safe & Cashbook checking: at the end of each day, the cashbook and the safe should be checked and the balance should correspond;
- Issue advances based on approved documents to staff;
- Tax reports preparation;
- Payment of all electricity and other utilities bills
- Manage Petty cash and clear Cash advances upon request;
- Prepare monthly cash counts;
- Maintain proper filling of all financial documents (vouchers, contracts, tender documents and etc.);
- Assist with Administrative activities such as office equipment, leave tracking, filing and etc;
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the line Manager
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
• NGO experience
• Fluency in local language
•Interested qualified female candidates with a minimum of 6 Months of relevant working experience will be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Advance language skills in English
- Fluency in local languages, Pashto and Dari.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position, all applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 16 June-2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply