Protection Assistant (CaseWorker Child Protection)
North of Lebanon
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has four offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida and in the North.
About the job
Respond to children and their families survivors of violence, abuse, exploitation and neglect through the provision of child protection case management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In compliance with best-practice, international standards in CP response and national SoP, provide case management services to boys and girls at high risk
- Ensure the child is involved and participates in the establishment of the case plan
- Ensure the social, physical, psychological and emotional well-being of the children
- Flag all high risk cases in which judicial intervention is required to the Case Management Officer and/or Protection Manager ensure they are referred immediately to UPEL or Himaya when relevant
- Ensure the utmost confidentiality of case management data and information throughout the case management process; including protection referrals
- Ensure close coordination with focused and community based PSS teams in order to ensure children and their caregivers are referred from case management to focused and CB PSS and vice-versa
- Raise gaps in CP response services and referral protocols to the Case Management Officer and/or Protection Manager
- Adhere to the principles and guidance of the National CP Case Management SOPs
Experience and technical competencies:
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a child protection caseworker, completed training on National CP Case Management SOPs with a preference of experience with GBV
- Previous experience in international organizations, humanitarian settings and working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times
- Excellent case management, psychosocial support and communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Social work, Counseling, psychology or other related field.
- Master degree in social work and/or psychology (Desirable)
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic is a must
- Fluency in written and oral English is a must
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: Till December 31, 2021
Band: I1 – Non-Management, salary equivalent to 1350 USD (depending on years of experience)
Location: North of Lebanon.
Suggested Start date: July 01, 2021
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications: June 20, 2021
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, DRC reserves the right of conducting tests and
interviews before the closing date, and can close the advertisement earlier in case of finding a
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org