Vacancy no.: BEY/DC/2021/20
Publication date: 07 June 2021
Application deadline (midnight local time): 21 June 2021
Job ID: 6143
Department: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut
Organization Unit: ILO-Jerusalem
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: 12 months (as of 01/06/2021)
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is ILS 90,552.- yearly.
The International Labour Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It is the only tripartite UN agency – bringing together government, employer and worker representatives to elaborate labour standards and policies and promote decent work in different parts of the world.
The ILO will continue to support the process of social security and social assistance reforms, promote capacity building development and social dialogue amongst tripartite stakeholders, enhance general public understanding of social protection matters and support the development of a realistic financing, implementation and administrative framework for social insurance and social assistance in OPT.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Programme Officer of the ILO office in Jerusalem and under the direct technical supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent , based in Jerusalem, will perform the following tasks:
Description of Duties
- 1. Provide reliable and secure driving services for ILO Officials and other authorized personnel and visitors.
- 2. Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicle/s through timely minor repairs and arrange for timely major repairs and checking of oil, tyres, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc. so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times. Provide inputs to the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- 3. Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and other MOSS-compliant equipment, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- 4. Collect mail and pouch and deliver mail and official documents to government ministries, national and international partners, UN and donor Agencies, and officials as instructed.
- 5. Meet officials and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with basic visa and customs formalities.
- 6. Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle and maintaining daily vehicle logs, preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and documentation.
- 7. Outside driving duties, perform basic office-related tasks such as photocopying, filing, data entry, maintaining stores, and delivery/collection of various items. 8. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Completion of secondary school education. Holder of Jerusalem/Israeli ID and valid and clean driving licence.
A minimum of two years of relevant work experience with a safe driving record.
Good knowledge of English and Arabic language.
- Excellent knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of local roads and conditions.
- Skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good knowledge of chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Good knowledge of security issues.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures on vehicle management including maintenance of official vehicles and knowledge of mechanics and maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Some knowledge of administrative rules and regulations some basic computer skills to record information in IT systems.
In addition to the ILO core competencies (Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration), this position requires:
- Ability to present a professional image at all times.
- Ability to deal calmly with unexpected circumstances or delays.
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
optional section (if needed)
Candidates assessed by the Panel and considered to be eligible for appointment but who are not selected for this vacant post may be offered an assignment to another position at the same or lower grade provided that they meet the minimum qualifications required.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.