Senior M&E Officer
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) (www.Rescue.org) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster, to survive, recover and gain control of their future. The IRC responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 42 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. IRC has worked in Liberia since 1996 and is one of the largest humanitarian actors in the country.
The IRC has worked in partnership with the Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection (MOGCSP), the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Crimes Unit to serveas allies to women and girls and create safer communities for all.
Scope of Work
The Senior M&E Officer will be based in Monrovia and support the monitoring and evaluation of GBV prevention, advocacy, response, and economic empowerment activities at the community level, additionally provide support to 4 local CSOs implementing the 5 objectives of the Raising Community Voices program components in Montserrado, Lofa and Nimba Counties. This person will be expected to support other team members in adequately monitoring the implementation of all program activities.
- Assure that each component of the program has a monitoring system, including data collection tools and a functional database.
- Train all relevant staff on the use of monitoring tools.
- Do field visits on a bi-weekly basis to different aspects of the program for data verification and spot-checking.
- Assure all hard copy data from previous months are stored and organized, as well as entered into excel database
- Update the logframe once per month; identify areas for the manager and WCP Coordinator to follow up on
- Visit the program sites and activities along with program staff to monitor and support learning in the program (at least weekly)
- Work with the programs team to write 2 success stories from the project
- Do an end of project learning assessment, including collecting feedback from girls and women as well as others who participated in the project
- Be familiar with the logframe and indicators, including data collection tools and data flow
- Participate in data collection for the internal program evaluation.
- Work with the program team to implement a system of confidential feedback from beneficiaries of the program at health facilities and in communities.
- Enter de-identified data into a beneficiary tracking tool. Highlight trends on a quarterly basis.
- Update the log frame for the project on a monthly basis. Highlight any challenges noted in the achievement of targets.
- Provide log frame updates as well as narrative description of any challenges to quarterly donor reports.
- Foster a positive team spirit.
- Any other responsibilities as required by supervisor.
- Assure all M&E documents are saved to Box.
- Assure all M&E activities reflects the principles of GBV response and prevention, including confidentiality.