Consultant- To support CAH team to strengthen knowledge management, information sharing and documentation of ongoing newborn, child and adolescent health activities.
Multiple locations (Multiple locations)
- Purpose of the Consultancy
To support CAH team to strengthen knowledge management, information sharing and documentation of ongoing newborn, child and adolescent health activities.
Child and Adolescent Health (CAH) unit in WHO EMRO, together with governments and partners is responding to the high burden of neonatal and child mortality in the region through introducing and scaling-up evidence-based interventions at community, PHC and hospital levels. The overall work of CAH is guided by the Regional Implementation Framework for Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Development 2019-2023 where great emphasis is put on strengthening the area of monitoring, information sharing and documentation. Data driven decision making is key to ensure sustained progress towards SDGs and GPE 13 targets. During the COVID-19 pandemic, monitoring and documentation of systems and service disruptions emerged as a compelling priority for all Member States. This consultancy will support the ongoing monitoring, information sharing and documentation activities in the Region.
- Planned timelines (subject to confirmation)
Start date: 20 June 2021
End date: 20 December 2021
- Work to be performed
Output 1: Support CAH team to strengthen knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation and documentation of the ongoing activities under the umbrella of Regional Implementation Framework for Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Development 2019-2023.
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Deliverable 1.1: Update and review child health and development country profiles to support evidence-based planning at country level
- Deliverable 1.2: Collect and analyzes data on key CAH indicators including BMG project beneficiaries, training recipients and other indirect beneficiaries and determine progress achieved by individual countries
- Deliverable 1.3: Update information and content shared through CAH website
- Deliverable 1.4: Populate monitoring tools of the framework implementation including score cards on the progress milestones
- Deliverable 1.5: Identify adolescent health and development indicators to develop country profiles
- Deliverables 1.6: Submit regular progress reports and a final report at the end of the assignment
Minimum first university degree for lower end of range, an advanced university degree for mid and high end of range in public health, epidemiology, Monitoring & Evaluation, social sciences, community medicine, paediatrics or other relevant field
- Experience required:
Essential: 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in information systems and monitoring and evaluation activities. For international positions, international experience is mandatory.
Previous experience with WHO and/or UN agencies in monitoring health projects is an asset.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
a) Analysis skills.
b) Proven writing skills.
- Language requirements:
Excellent knowledge of English is required
- Place of assignment
Unless specified later, this assignment will be performed from EMRO premises (subject to teleworking measures)
Medical clearance : The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
Travel (If travel is involved, a medical certificate of fitness for work will be required.) All travel arrangements will be made by WHO – WHO will not be responsible for tickets purchased by the Consultant without the express, prior authorization of WHO. While on mission under the terms of this consultancy, the Consultant will receive subsistence allowance. Visas requirements: it is the consultant’s responsibility to fulfil visa requirements and ask for visa support letter(s) if needed.
Additional Information section
- This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Remuneration is in line with WHO consultant established rates
- Successful candidates will be included in the roster for consideration for future contractual engagement via a consultancy, as they become available. Inclusion in the roster does not guarantee any future contractual relationship with WHO
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- Consultants shall perform the work as independent contractors in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of any entity or authority. The execution of the work under a consultant contract does not create an employer/employee relationship between WHO and the Consultant.
- WHO shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any taxes, duties, social security contributions or other contributions payable by the Consultant. The Consultant shall be solely responsible for withholding and paying any taxes, duties, social security contributions and any other contributions which are applicable to the Consultant in in each location/jurisdiction in which the work hereunder is performed, and the Consultant shall not be entitled to any reimbursement thereof by WHO.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line through Stellis. For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
(a) Your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated;
(b) All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided;
(c) Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.