Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Jakarta
Job Family: General Administrative Support
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 3
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 28-JUN-2021
This vacancy is open for Indonesian nationality only
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of the Jakarta Office and Regional Bureau for Science in Asia and the Pacific, and the direct supervision of the Finance & Administrative Officer, the incumbent shall undertake the following tasks:
1. Plan and co-ordinate office installations and refurbishments. Develop and implement maintenance servicing plans for office fixtures, equipment, and installations to ensure compliance to occupational health and safety standards.
2. Undertake daily, weekly, and monthly checks for critical UN equipment e.g. Generators, A/C system, etc. Propose action plan to ensure preventive maintenance is done in a timely manner.
3. Assist in carrying out technical assessments of office premises, fixtures, furniture, and other office property to determine repairs/renovation requirements, and/or replacement.
4. Collate expert information on repair requirements and parts/materials necessary for maintenance/renovation projects.
5. Support Purchase Order of Contract Requisition requests for Low Value items. Assist in development of basic TORs/SOW and evaluation of RFQs for small works. Assist in scheduling of works upon contract Award.
6. Oversee works implementations by Office cleaners, and other external contractors working on site. Inspect quality of works performance and advise ADMIN on any service issues, defects, and/or damage to building fixtures.
7. Follow up with Contractors for correction of any defects identified, and/or notify ADMIN of any damage by Contractor’s to UNESCO fixtures in the course of performance.
8. Ensure Contractors clean up and dispose of their rubble upon completion of works and prior to submission of the final invoices for settlement.
9. Prepare requests for Office suppliers (stationery, toiletries, cleaning supplies, drinking water, etc.); Accept deliveries, maintain supplies inventory records monitoring re-order levels closely and ensure distribution of supplies as necessary.
10. Strive to minimize Office utility costs by leveraging “GO GREEN” principles to “reduce, recycle, and reuse” to the extent possible. Track and report on the Office Co2 emissions and contribute any surveys and participate in Joint UN initiatives in country.
11. Prepare Office seating space for new staff in liaison with AO.
12. Backstop ICT Assistant during peak hours and/or when out of Office.
13. Provide Event Management support for UNESCO meetings, trainings, and workshops, including, but not limited to printing/prep of workshop material, event room set up, training on use of Conference Equipment, etc.
Perform any other related tasks as required.
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required at the national or international levelDESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, and Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting administration of development projects will be highly desirable.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.