IT Assistant (Data Management - SCOPE) SC5 - Aden
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day
This job is found in WFP Yemen, Aden and report to an officer or designate.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Data Modelling and Extraction: -
Within delegated authority, the Staff Member oversees the technical processes to extract reports related to SCOPE rollouts, in order to provide Programme with near real-time data mechanisms. S/he participates in data collection, review and cleansing, ensuring the accuracy of beneficiaries’ data for further upload to SCOPE and data processing in the system.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 2
The Staff Member will be expected to carry out other tasks that may initiate during the course of the appointment as and when needed, such as:
- Assist in biometric registration exercise by design cleansing process and maintain Database in different format (Excel & Access)
- The Staff Member is in charge of the technical processes to extract reports related to SCOPE data processes , in order to provide Programme with near real-time data mechanisms. S/he participates in data verifications , ensuring the accuracy of beneficiaries’ data
- Coordinate the database sharing within defined datelines for updates and complains.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of beneficiary data for further send it WFP.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 3
- Ensure the security, reliability and availability of data is guaranteed
- Design reports and dashboards for data analysis and analyze pre and post distribution list
- Report continuously on database analysis findings and challenges faced.
- Supervise, coordinate and report on the reconciliation exercise between distribution plans and actual redemptions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 4
Hardware Support and Problem Management:
- S/he deploys the WFP standard SCOPE hardware and software, such as offline workstations, Point of Sales, webcams and fingerprint readers; as well as applications and programs, utilities and auxiliary software.
- S/he makes sure that equipment assigned to Cooperating Partners is accounted for and tracked appropriately.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 5
- Within delegated authority, the Staff Member performs analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of IT problems for end-users (Retailers, Registrars, CPs etc.), implementing corrective solutions as required.
- S/he regularly monitors ticketing systems and shared mailboxes, keeping in contact with users on a regular basis.
- The Staff Member will also assist the SCOPE project manager in drafting lessons learnt, technical documentation and handover documentation for regular operations, first and second level support.
- The Staff Member communicates with the centralized SCOPE Support, following-up on all pending tickets and working with the different teams;
Others as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency level C in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Experience: Mininimum FOUR years of relevant experience
- Experience in troubleshooting different IT devices include (but are not limited to) computers , databases, point of Sale devices etc.
- Experience in data processing, analysis, reporting, preferably in an Information Technology department.
- Experience in the field of information technology, preferably as Database administrator.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Professionalism and understanding of Information Management: Possess knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position with WFP and apply them consistently in work tasks. Ensure information allows for an informed and transparent decision-making
Client Orientation: Research potential solutions to incoming needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate manner.
Planning and organizing: Allocate appropriate amount of time for completing work; foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning; monitor and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
Teamwork: Work collaboratively with colleagues in the team and with WFP community worldwide.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
- Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
21 June 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.