National Consultant â Malaria
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To ensure a high-quality malaria case management in health facilities including strengthening public-private mix (PPM) and collaboration with profession organizations in Indonesia.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of Technical Officer NTD/Malaria and in close collaboration and coordination with the Ministry of Health and partners, the duties of the incumbent are:
- To analyse the situation of public-private mix (PPM) on case management in Indonesia by type of health facilities, network PPM at district and province level, update data on PPM network and case management conducted by private and public facilities, preparation of project documents, facilitation and coordination of WHO and partners inputs into the programme.
- To assist national malaria programme in coordinating with other Directorates of MoH in improving the quality of case management services, quality planning and implementing training activities; projection of medicines, preparation of progress report for Global Fund funded project and other donors funded project related to case management issues.
- To provide technical support to the improvement of implementation of quality malaria case management pre-service and post-service training system including curriculum and certification, in collaboration with medical doctor association (IDI), midwifery association (IBI), and nursing association (PPNI), association of internist, pediatrician, and obstetrics and other potential agencies.
- To support national malaria programme on strengthening PPM network with military health unit, police health unit, national hospital association (PERSI), district hospital association (ARSADA), clinic and health facilities association (PFKI) and other relevant organizations.
- To support in updating national training modules on case management in all malaria endemic stratum and checklist for supportive supervision as per WHO guidelines/recommendations.
- To provide technical support in establishment of malaria training center for severe malaria with Hospital of Mimika District, Papua Province, and establish national core trainers on case management.
- To provide technical input in the revision of malaria information system (SISMAL) on PPM related data such as case register, notification, human resources with its competency status.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by WR, Medical Officer CDS and Technical Officer (TO) MAL/NTD.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, ETC.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
Sound understanding of principles of public health, to be able to provide quality technical inputs, and good problem-solving, analytical and negotiation skills.
Master’s degree in Public Health or Medical Science.
Advanced degree in public health or medical science or entomology from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 (two) years of professional work experience in the field of malaria control and elimination at district or province or national level.
- Experience with health systems or programme implementation in Indonesia.
- Four or more years work experience working with the Ministry of Health/ Provincial Health Office/ District Health Office.
- Experience working with international development organizations.
- Experience with private sector engagement.
Advanced level of written and spoken English and native language skills in Bahasa Indonesia.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Work is performed in normal working environment.
Computer literacy: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and internet.
SSA National Consultant – Malaria, Level A. Between IDR 25,708,600 and 41,419,267 (in accordance with WHO Salary Scale for SSA).
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACEPTED
- A written test may be used as a form of screening for the short-listed applicants. The performance in written test will decide on applicant’s eligibility to appear in the interview. WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.