Executive Coordinator (FAO-GCF Programme)
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
• All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment (OCB) promotes integration of innovative approaches in the activities of the Organization, to promote the sustainable use, management and conservation of natural resources for food and agriculture. OCB assists Members in their responses towards the challenge of climate change mitigation and adaptation, as well as the development of adaptive capacities of agriculture, fisheries and forestry for conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity and other natural resources. It provides a coordination role on climate change, biodiversity and the environment. The Office also serves as the focal point for a multidisciplinary and global approach to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and topics on bioenergy as well as undertaking work and providing support and guidance on assessment, management and tenure issues.
The Executive Coordinator (FAO-Green Climate Fund [GCF] Programme) reports to the Director, Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment (OCB). As a member of the OCB Management Team, the Executive Coordinator will liaise with the Green Climate Fund (GCF), FAO Members, FAO Decentralized Offices and relevant offices/centres/streams in headquarters for the implementation of the FAO-GCF Strategy globally in line with FAO’s Strategic Framework.
Summary of Duties and Functions