Logistics & Administrative Specialist -SC8
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The FAO Representation in Bangladesh is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the country. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in Bangladesh and, in collaboration with Regional Office Asia and Pacific and the departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to the country priorities. The representation also supports the regional office in the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization's Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the country, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. The office also develops and maintains relations with Government of Bangladesh, UN agencies, the resource partners and other development institution at the country level.
The Logistics & Administrative Specialist position and will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh, and direct supervision of the assigned Project Team Leader or Manager and other relevant project staff. This position is work in close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR Administration and the Country Office Operations Specialist as well as other units and projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide logistic and administrative support necessary for the effective implementation of all activities involving the assigned project to related support staff, including training, meetings, seminars, and workshops;
- Ensure proper disbursements and returns of unused funds for trainings, workshops and meetings in line with FAO rules and procedures and also adhering to the donor requirements;
- Assist in requesting and managing petty expenditures, maintaining accounting and financial records to trace and reconcile expenditures and fund availability, and preparing recurrent and occasional reports and correspondence;
- Maintain inventories of non-expendable items and ensure proper functioning of assets while assisting in preparing related reports and administrative actions;
- Prepare/draft routine correspondence, emails, memoranda and reports as instructed in accordance with standard office procedures;
- Provide assistance in the administrative processing of recruitments, and contract management consultants’ contracts, and support to the implementation of fellowship, training and contract research activities;
- Arrange appointments/meetings, take minutes of meetings, and provide other office, administrative/logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate use of project vehicles ensuring proper care, and supervise the project drivers staff, including drivers and office assistants;
- Assist international staff, experts and consultants in administrative and logistic matters relating to visas, stay permits, licenses, custom clearances, security clearances as well as initiating travel authorization, security clearance, and travel expenses claim for all travels etc.
- Supervise the administrative works carried out by the project staff, including payments for National Project Personals and consultants, and the procurement of equipment for timely delivery and utilization of these items in a manner that will facilitate project activities;
- Liaise with the ministries and government agencies concerned on administrative aspects of the office, such as movement of office staff, transport, travel, etc.;
- Maintain official administrative/operational/technical records and ensure their proper filing, handling and control;
- Oversee and manage office security operations in line with UN standards and take appropriate steps in maintaining the premises in proper and working conditions;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Higher degree in Business Management, Business Administration ;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience in finance and operations within the UN or International organization ;
- Bangladesh National
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An analytical approach to work.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Applicant have a working knowledge of English (written and verbal) and local dialect is preferred.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.