Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Assistant to support out DRC Libya Country program that has it’s Coordination office in Tunis.
About the job
Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring all payments made on behalf of Libya are prepared in compliance with DRC’s Operations handbook, donor requirements and local SOPs. The position holder will also be responsible for maintaining a proper physical and electronic filing system of payment vouchers and other financial documents.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all payment requests received are checked for accuracy and completeness
- Closely work with the Libya finance team to ensure all relevant supporting documents are attached to the payment requests as per the minimum supporting documentation
- Prepare payments/bank letters for Libya expenses paid in Tunis
- Maintain a tracker of payments, receipts and any transfers
- Prepare the DRC Dynamics General and Project Expense journals to be reviewed by the Finance coordinator
- Coordinate with Finance coordinator to ensure sufficient liquidity in TUN bank accounts to process payments while preventing too high balances to avoid incurring high exchange rate charges.
- Manage cash balances to ensure that sufficient balances are maintained for ongoing activities
- Liaise with bank for bank statements, balances, confirmation of receipt of funds, others
- Maintain a filing system to ensure referencing is consistent and vouchers are easily traceable and retrievable
- Scan and upload all financial vouchers monthly upload on Share point
- Perform cash and bank reconciliations
- Support with audit and expenditure verification
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 1-year experience working in the field of finance/accounting or audit, preferably in an INGO
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, UNICEF, BPRM and other guidelines)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Full professional proficiency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12months
Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied
Start date: 01 July 2021
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17 June 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.