CONSULTANT-VIDEO AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Perugia
Job Family: Natural Sciences
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 29-JUN-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Within the framework of the UNESCO and the Italian Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the “United Nations World Water Assessment Programme – WWAP”, under the overall supervision of the WWAP Coordinator and reporting directly to WWAP Programme Officer, the Video and Graphic Designer will perform the following duties:Long Description
- Layout of the English and French version of the WWDR2022
- Layout of Water and Gender related publications
- Layout of the English version of the WWDR2022 training manual
- Produce the communication material (ppt, save the date, video and interviews, flyers, brochures, programmes, badges, etc.) for the WWDR, the WWAP’s upcoming events, and for the other topics of WWAP relevance (gender, migration,…);
- Develop material for social media (GIFs, picture, videos);
- Advance on WWDR visual identity;
- Editing Videos;
- Updating PPTs and documents.
Production of WWDR 2022
- WWDR 2022 preparatory process: internal design and layout of main editorial elements (ToC, blurbs, Body font, chapter and part titles, boxes, tables and figures);
- Prepare design and layout of the “Executive Summary” and “Facts and Figures” (between 12 and 16 pages each). Specifically, 5 versions for Latin-based languages and 1 template for non Latin-based languages;
- Templates for WWDR, Executive Summary and Facts and Figures will share the same design language
- Producing the final layout of WWDR2022 in English and French.
- Prepare the communication material for WWDR 2022 launch and related events, including video production;
- Design and layout of the master PPT
- Design and layout of the infographic
- Degree in visual arts, communication or similar required
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of video and graphic design.
- Adobe Suite, in particular illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and after effect.
- Video and audio editing software (Premiere, Final Cut, Logic Pro or similar)
- Designed print and web material. Editing videos and motion design.
- Sound knowledge of English. Italian desirable.
- Familiarity with the design of WWDR series
- Microsoft Office, Mac and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with the UN‐System is an asset.
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”, download and complete the following:
• Employment History form (Word file). At the end of the Word file, insert extra pages with the following required information:
• An approach and methodology for the assignment and a work plan
• A competitive fee for the assignment, which should be quoted in EUR and expressed on a monthly basis.
• An updated CVSELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.