Business Operations Analyst
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the "Apply now" button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Technology and Management (ITM) is the organization’s primary provider of high-quality products of ICT systems and Green Energy services to a global network of 155+ country offices and UNDP partners worldwide.
The mission of ITM is to develop modern-age Smart Facilities which guarantees efficient, innovative and sustainable management of technologies for UN facilities, and consistency with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We are committed to offer a framework of best practices, and to deliver simple-to-use, and standards-based support tools, to allow innovation to flourish throughout the organization.
Our primary motivations are to accompany the transition to greener technologies and to increase connectivity in challenging locations, in order to leave no one behind. More particularly, we are actively participating to Covid-19 Crisis Response, as Covid-19 has increased the need for digital collaboration and connectivity. On a more practical level, we do this to maintain organizational productivity using technology, improve stakeholders well-being, optimize financial efficiency, and serve as a showcase for development at local level.
Service Delivery team which is the first responder to country office needs and supports ICT and Green Energy projects from a procurement, logistics and finance side. The team works closely with colleagues across the globe to support operations and programme work in some of the most challenging work environments with energy and ICT infrastructure.
Noting the large volume of Service Delivery unit, the finance and administrative duties in the ITM/Smart Infrastructure require dedicated individuals to sufficiently meet requirements of Partners and expectations of vendors in a timely manner and optimal capacity in line with Country Office Support vision and mission statements.
- The candidate will be working with and directly reporting to the Operation Associate;
- The Global ICT Advisor has the overall responsibility to guide both the Operation Associate and the Business Operations Analyst;
- Progress reporting will be done in the monthly meeting and every Tuesday in the ITM/CIAS Weekly Meetings.
UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Finance Specialist with cost recovery, reconciliation, budgeting and reporting: support and coordinate all CO and Partners requests;
- Coordinate the unit’s business operations related to the procurement of Smart Facilities. This includes the initiation of procurement projects, process of Request For Quotation (RFQ), processing purchase orders, shipment and delivery, receipt and subsequent invoice payment;
- Improve Tracking, Metrics and Data Management to monitor and evaluate Service Provider performance and Service Recipients satisfaction, which requires detailed examination and scrutiny, as well as the performance of the whole unit (budget, cost recovery analysis, reconciliation, etc). Execute Data Analysis and Present Data in readable Dashboards and Reports/Memo to improve eduacted decision-making. Work on a Project-basis and approach a variety of stakeholders and topics, reporting directly to Management;
- Support the development of the unit’s order platform catalogue in ServiceNow. Coordinate Data Load and Migration, Improve Flowcharts and Workflow, Optimize the platform to ease Operations and end-user experience. Work in Project Management mode by coordinating changes directly with Developing Team on a bi-weekly basis;
- Support Business Development and continuous improvement of Managed Services delivery by coordinating Service Catalogue and Portfolio expansion to sustain the unit growth. Increase our outreach by improving customer satisfaction, sales capacity and customer range. On the vendor management side, manage a strategic business relationship with Vendor to improve delivery;
- Support other roles in the Service Delivery team: General business operation functions in the unit include finance, procurement, human resources, knowledge management and further administrative duties. Ability to work with a variety of tasks and in project management mode for completion of special projects;
- Continuous enhancement of the ICT strategic framework with proper Knowledge management efforts and Organization of Webinars to share Knowledge.
UN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Professionalism:?Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style, and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
Master Degree in Management,International Business,Development Studies or related field; Bachelors degree with additional 2 years of experience can be accepted in lieu of Masters Degree.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
Required skills and competencies
Desired additional skills and competencies
Required Language(s) (at working level)