OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Project, "Integrated, Equity-focused Service Delivery for Accelerated Improvement of Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH)", aims to reduce maternal and infant deaths by improving access and utilization of quality maternal and newborn health services in 31 municipalities in two provinces (Aklan and Agusan del Sur) in 2 catalytic regions (located in the Visayas and Mindanao Islands) and the Davao region for sustaining Phase 1 achievements and effective strategies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Programme Management and Administrative Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Drives WHO official vehicles for the transport of authorized WHO personnel;
2. Ensures day-to-day maintenance and cleanliness of assigned motor vehicle;
3. Keeps driving license valid, conforms to the traffic code and meets all requirements for driving the assigned motor vehicle;
4. Keeps records of the performance and cost of operation and upkeep of the vehicle assigned;
5. Ensures that steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
6. Ensures safe carrying of pouches, mail or any documents, parcels or other articles entrusted for transporting;
7. Assists in identifying and purchasing necessary spare parts for office vehicle; undertakes minor repairs of vehicles under the administrative custody of the WHO Representative and obtains appraisals on cost of vehicle repairs;
8. Transports official passengers and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required; and9. Performs other duties as and when required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education.
Desirable: Secondary studies or additional education/training an advantage. Completion of mechanical training is an asset.
Essential: At least two years' driving experience with safe driving record.
Desirable: Driving experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization is desirable.
Excellent knowledge of local highway code and traffic regulations.
Basic knowledge of motor vehicle mechanics and a valid driver's license to drive automobile.
Decides on best routes to take when transporting passengers, etc. taking into account traffic conditions. Makes recommendations regarding car repairs and/or maintenance work.
Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at PHP 429,443 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.