Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) (www.Rescue.org) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster, to survive, recover and gain control of their future. The IRC responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in over 42 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. IRC has worked in Liberia since 1996 and is one of the largest humanitarian actors in the country.
The IRC has worked in partnership with the Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection (MOGCSP), the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Crimes Unit to serveas allies to women and girls and create safer communities for all.
Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Manager/ Technical Coordinator, the Office Attendant (Cleaner) will do general maintenance of the Office/residence premises.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Maintain a clean and safe office/residence
- Ensure the cleanliness of all IRC-Monrovia offices, residences. This includes restrooms, kitchens porches etc. Offices should be clean and/ tidy before the arrival of staff
- Clean window glasses, bathroom mirrors, drinking mugs regularly in the various offices for staff use.
- Make surewater barrels in the restrooms are kept clean and full
- Update your supervisor about the wearing out of cleaning supplies (especially in the guest apartments)
- Ensure tissues (toiletries), hand towel, hand soap, floor mop, water etc are in each restroom at all times.
- Clean all window glasses once a week
- Provide safe drinking water for IRC staff
- Ensure safe drinking water are available in the coolers for staff at all times. Thoroughly sterilized and wash water coolers and bottles. Check water cooler constantly and refill when empty
- Make sure all utensils/dishes/mugs are clean and are available, ensuring the cleanliness of kitchen, refrigerators water coolers, floor etc.
- Ensure that garbage is collected and properly disposed at all times
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor