Part-time Program Support & Communication Officer
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
The Global Coalition on Migration (GCM) is comprised of regional and international networks of migrant associations, migrants’ rights organizations and advocates, trade unions, faith groups and academia, covering various regions around the world. GCM represents a vital space where members can collectively chart the best methods, strategies and tools to take action together. GCM was formally launched in 2011 in Geneva, Switzerland, and its International Secretariat is currently hosted by Alianza Americas. The member organizations serving on the Executive Committee include the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (PICUM), Act Alliance, Women in Migration Network (WIMN), Solidarity Center, and the Pan-African Network in Defense of Migrants’ Rights (PANiDMR).
The Program Support & Communication Officer will report to the International Coordinator
Communications & Website Updates
· Design flyers and infographics for webinar series.
· Manage the social media pages for GCM in consultation with the International Coordinator (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
· Manage GCM’s website and update content in consultation with the International Coordinator.
· Design and develop a quarterly newsletter for GCM.
· Develop an annual report for GCM.
· Support the development of a three-year strategic document for GCM in collaboration with the International Coordinator, GCM’s board and membership.
· Set up a weekly update page for GCM members with links to weekly events, key migration news, trends and migration reports that the membership should be aware of.
· Create a podcast series on key migration issues to be uploaded on the website.
· Upload webinars to GCM’s YouTube
· Conduct research for new proposals, submissions, policy briefs and concept papers.
· Support the development of new proposals, submissions, concept papers and policy briefs.
Logistics & Administration
· Write notes for all relevant meetings
· Write a report after each webinar held with the aim of converting it into a policy brief
· Set up and host webinars and online meetings
· Support the drafting of donor reports for relevant donors
· Research legal registration steps required for GCM to be registered in Geneva or the USA
· Design various surveys for membership feedback and webinar participants
Skills and Experience
· Experience in research and communications
· Strong written communication skills
· Strong level of written and spoken English
· Experience writing and editing reports
· IT literate – proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Proven ability to monitor multiple tasks and ability to prioritize and deliver effectively to tight deadlines
· Flexible attitude to deal with unexpected change and a “can do” attitude
· Ability to implement and manage organization-wide communications development, communications platforms, web and media platforms
· Experience in human rights, migration or international development work
· Familiarity with international migration instruments within the UN setting, including the Global Compact for Migration and the UN Network on Migration
· Knowledge of other working languages of GCM (French and Spanish) an asset.
What GCM can offer
GCM is an equal opportunity employer. People from communities that traditionally experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, or immigration status; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are specially encouraged to apply.
One year with a three-month probation period
Hours and Remuneration:
This is a part time position of 18hrs a week. The Consultancy fee is $15,516 (annually)
Home-based (and may be located anywhere). Must be available for conference calling for multiple time zones
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter outlining your experience and interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th June 2021 (midnight CET). Interviews to be carried out (online) end of June for an ideal start date of July 2021.