Coordinator Results, Planning and Monitoring (temporary position till 31st January 2022)
Red Cross is looking for a dynamic and self-managed professional with strong collaboration skills for the temporary position as Coordinator Results, Planning and Monitoring
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in 190 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to safe life, alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralized decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
Coordinator Results, Planning and Monitoring is a key member of Strategy and Results, one of four units in International Programmes and Preparedness. The unit consist of ten specialised professionals that develop and builds capacity to implement methodologies, processes and services aimed at enhancing learning and impact of international humanitarian action. The Unit set standards for and supports strategy implementation, work processes, risk- and results management, project planning and monitoring, learning and evaluation and humanitarian innovation. Strategy and Result leads international digital transformation and documents and communicates NorCross’ international results. Our focus is to enhance the relevance, effectiveness, and efficiency of our mission.
The Coordinator Results, Planning and Monitoring will during the period focus on strengthening Result Based Management across international work. The specific focus will be to ensure absorption and use of the updated NorCross Result Framework and RBM minimum standard through capacity development. The Coordinator, together with the Health coordinator and network, will also develop and support implement of health specific RBM interventions.
We seek a person who;
- is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationship and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- understands complex questions and problems quickly; make sound and rational assessments
- Higher education at master level within relevant field
- 3 year experience from relevant field including from field level
- Proven track record from coordinating roll out and development of capacity to implement RBM methodologies and practices in a sizeable and complex organisation using technology
- Experience from the promoting use of result framework and systematic data collection, analysis and visualisation to foster absorption
- Proven change and process management competence and experience
- Proficiency in MS office package
- Fluency in English. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset
Head of Strategy and Results
Position is based in:
Until 31th January 2022 with starting date as soon as possible.
Why should you apply?
- Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, supporting our efforts reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
- Impact: You will play a key role in improving our results focus by improving our evidence base and our ability to document and communicate results,
- Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross strive to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity. We follow the seven fundamental principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality