National Consultant: Institutional organizational development of the National Social Assistance Fund (NSAF) (open to Cambodian nationals only)
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Phnom Penh, Cambodia is looking to hire a national consultant to support the institutional organizational development of the National Social Assistance Fund (NSAF). The selected consultant will work under the UNICEF social policy section. If you are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in Cambodia, UNICEF would like to hear from you.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
For every child, social assistance
UNICEF started operation in Cambodia in 1952 and opened first country office in 1973 in Phnom Penh. More information on what we do in Cambodia is available at https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this short-term consultancy is to develop the proposal for the institutional structuring and organizational development of NSAF under auspices of Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation (MoSVY).
Specific objectives under the assignment include:
- Develop a clear outline of the NSAF organizational structure required to support the NSAF function
- Develop required documentation in support of the institutional structuring and organizational development of SNAF.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
- Academic qualification at University level in business administrative, human resource development, and other relevant subjects
- At least 8 years of professional experience in development of organizational institution, human resources development
- At least 5 years of progressive experience working with human resource, operations and institution management
- Fluency in spoken and written Khmer and English
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to manage development of institution and organizational structure
- Proven knowledge and understanding of social protection system, particularly social assistance Programme
- Proven experience on development of capacity plan of the institution and performance management
- Knowledge about development of job descriptions for the posts of organizational structure.
Please find the details term of reference for this assignment Terms of reference (NSAF).pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only Cambodian nationals will be considered for this assignment. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.