Programme Assistant (Re-advertisement)
Post Number : 4KZADM0706RP
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Almaty
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Fixed Term Field
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 30-JUN-2021
Annual salary: 5 265 000 KZT (subject to pension and medical insurance deductions).
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Kazakhstan may apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision and functional authority of the Director of UNESCO Almaty Office, the incumbent shall provide assistance to UNESCO Almaty Programme Specialists in supporting Member States in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan) in the Education, Science, Culture and Information/Communication fields. In particular, the incumbent will:Long Description
- Contribute to the implementation of programme activities.
- Assist in the implementation of programme activities: search, locate, compile, review and update of information and data used in the development of documents, work plans and budgets; process data in/from automated systems in order to support preparation of regular and ad-hoc budgetary/financial updates, to report on programme delivery, statistics and/or projections for use and scrutiny by the supervisor.
- Support the organization and set up meetings, events, workshops organized by the UNESCO Almaty Office.
- Contribute to programme administration.
- Assist in performing programme logistics (including contract and travel arrangements).
- Assist in preparing all information on programmes and projects in the Cluster upon request of Head quarters’ (HQ) or donors.
- Prepare a variety of administrative documentation; initiate administrative procedures and ensure follow-up; review requests for payments against contractual obligations, and provide information on payment status and remaining obligations to supervisor(s).
- Contribute to maintain relations with partners.
- Facilitate contacts with UNESCO’s partners and UN organizations, make appointments, receive visitors and take telephone calls, answering enquiries and/or referring them to the appropriate specialist. Liaise with HQ services to obtain additional information/clarification.
- Liaise with National Commissions, UN Agencies and HQs in administrative and finance matters.
- Contribute to the preparation of publications, translations, records, meetings:
- Assist in providing inputs for publications, presentations, briefings, speeches and missions.
- Initiate, draft and translate news items on all UNESCO Almaty Unit's activities implemented by UNESCO Almaty Office and identify, revise and translate items related to any other UNESCO’s actions, that are relevant to the Cluster countries.
- Record, update and retrieve information, documentation and data from the Office filing systems.
- Prepare travel requests and files for official travels, organize them, and ensure follow-up in close cooperation with the finance and administration unit.
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational education.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience in secretarial, administrative and/or programme support service.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services.Work in a team in a multicultural environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and correct documents.
- Good organisational, coordination and filling skills.
- Ability to interpret rules and manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Discretion and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Good ICT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian.
- Specialized training/certification in secretarial, administrative or related fields.
- Relevant work experience in the related field acquired at the national or international level.
- Working experience within UNESCO or UN agencies.
- Knowledge of Kazakh.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.