This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “Building Ukraine’s Humanitarian Demining Capacity”. The post duration is until 31 March 2022 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, Project Assistant/Translator performs the following tasks:
- performs translation assignments and interprets as requested for the ExB project “Building Ukraine’s Humanitarian Demining Capacity”;
- accompanies the International Technical Advisor to the meetings and interprets for him/her;
Clerical and Administrative assignments:
- receives, logs, screens, sorts incoming mail, records and identifies the subject matter of incoming correspondence, providing background files and information; maintains and updates files of reports, correspondence, manuals and other relevant material; researches for information and background documentation when requested;
- ensures the availability of office supplies (stationery, water and paper) and arranges for their collection and distribution;
- makes official travel arrangements; prepares travel authorizations/claims, and requests for other entitlements;
- arranges accommodation, pick-up and transportation for the project staff and guests, if needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in linguistics and administration
- minimum three years of secretarial or clerical experience including translation and interpretation, preferably in international organisations;
- computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages and OSCE computer systems (ORACLE, IRMA etc.);
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
- ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 872. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; If you have difficulties with the online system, please use Google Chrome to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.