International Consultant, Constitutional and/or Administrative Law
The OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine (PCUk) is currently implementing a Unified Budget project “Supporting Legal Education Reform and Sustainable Human Rights School Education”. One of the Project’s Objective is to equip the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and law schools with tools and knowledge to further develop quality legal education. Within this Objective, the PCUk is planning to organize Summer School on Public Law Disciplines Teaching for law professors. It is expected that this School will help to improve content and teaching methodologies of public law courses at different law schools in line with standards-based requirements and best international practice.
The PCUk requires services of international experts to participate in Summer School and deliver a lecture on teaching methodologies for Constitutional and Administrative Law.
Please note that this is a consultancy assignment of a temporary nature. The consultant will be required to work from home with the ability to travel if necessary (conditional to pandemic situation).
The selected expert will work under general supervision of National Project Officer within the PCUk and co-operate with other School’s lecturers. The expert is expected to:
• participate in preparatory meetings and discussions if necessary;
• prepare a lecture/presentation on teaching methodologies for Constitutional or Administrative Law;
• deliver lecture/presentation during the Summer School;
• interact with participants of the School, and provide all relevant expertise in Q&A session;
• provide a report with lecture/presentation materials, and teaching recommendations as to Constitutional or Administrative Law.
• university degree in law; PhD degree in law would be an asset;
• minimum of 8 years of proven professional experience in the area of Constitutional or Administrative Law;
• excellent knowledge of issues related to the legal European institutions, doctrines, and principles;
• experience in delivering lectures on Constitutional or Administrative Law;
• excellent interpersonal skills, ability to relate easily and openly with colleagues, self-motivation;
• outstanding communication skills both verbal and written; excellent understanding of English language (reading, speaking);
• computer literacy.
According to the PCU consultancy fees guidelines.
This position is for non-residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org. The deadline for applications is 13 June 2021. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.